Original Firmware (OS) for WM8650

Samantha_I

Jan 5, 2012
I brought this Android 2.2 tablet as an Xmas present for my sister. Now I want to return it back to the eBay seller because it constantly disconnects from the internet and when it is connected, its extremely slow. I changed the OS and its rooted to Uberoid but I need the original firmware so I can return it as it was receieved so I can get my money back.
OriginalMW8650.jpg
WITHOUT THE PHONE AND MESSAGING APP! There are a few threads of such nature on this site but they have all pointed me to the HcH'z TechKnow website that has moved and I cant access the new site. ANDROID TABLET INFO WonderMedia MW8650 Android Version 2.2 Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-default Build Number generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver 1.5.5-19700101.125959 (I got this info from Settings>About Device and hope the above is displaying info from the original and not from after the root!) Please also note that I am very new to all of this - I never heard about Android, tablets etc until Christmas day when I tried to set it up for my sister - so I am a basic beginner: treat me as if you were giving instructions to a child :)

Last edited:

paskuniag

May 14, 2011
TechKnow's new site is here: Uberoid ROM Depot

Maybe you should get a router so you can use multiple wi-fi devices at the same time. Then you won't have to return your tablet. Give it a chance- the 8650 isn't half bad, although the transfer box is that came with it (Uggh!).

Samantha_I

Jan 5, 2012
Thats the thing - I have a router! I can connect fine to wifi on my PC and Droid phone so I dont know why the tablet wont connect to it. And when it does, the internet is very slow and only lasts 5-10 mins before it decides to disconnect.

I think I have tried just about everything - manual setup (WAP2 and WEP), auto setup, changing the TXPower from 100 to 20 - and nothing has worked.

Whats a transfer box? I dont think I got one with mine...