Ota update 1.2-4349

Mr.Gadget

Apr 13, 2011
Is this OTA update recommended even if I do no t intend to use the stock firmware?
Thanks!
(Running VEGAn ROM right now).

Morgue

Apr 1, 2011
Is this OTA update recommended even if I do no t intend to use the stock firmware?
Thanks!
(Running VEGAn ROM right now).

not at this time, you are probably better off staying with what you have.

When the devs can dig into it and make new ROMS from them then you will probably want to update. There are several issues that are being worked out regarding updating to the new ROM if you are NOT stock currently. The current recommended advice is to get back completely to stock to upgrade from 3588 STOCK only. Once there you will have issues trying to run any current modded ROMS.

Last edited:

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
Hey no problem Shaw. Seems vs is having server issues once again and u can't update anymore. Maybe they felt pressured to release it and did so for the devs. To play with. U have to do it manually now,but with the fact its currently not as good as a custom Roms and u cant flash custom kernels and since pershoot just came out with one that will overclock I'm gonna have to pass on 4349 for now.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
but with the fact its currently not as good as a custom Roms and u cant flash custom kernels and since pershoot just came out with one that will overclock I'm gonna have to pass on 4349 for now.
Hey fridge, don't know if my dumb question got overlooked on the kernel thread but let me ask you (don't know why I don't know): can you only run the custom kernel with CWM, or will other recovery systems (I'm on TnTLite) take it?

-Matt

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
im not exactly sure, it was never specified, but everybody i heard of did it with cwm. i THINK its the only way

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Well, I just checked and I have a Titanium backup of all my apps...maybe I'll make a copy and give it a try. :) I have a hunch it will either work, or the update simply won't take.

-Matt