OTA UPDATE ! What is this ??? How solve ?? TERRIBLE ANDROID PROBLEMS !!!!

evandroks

Jun 23, 2011
I have a Viewsonic 7 with Android 2.2.1

That are 2 Horrible things:

1- I cannot update Android - When I try to use System Update, I get
the Terrible message:"This software version does not support OTA update"

What a **** !!!

2- And Have a Lot of memory in the SD CARD (8 GB) and 512 MB in internal memory , but theres a lot of programs that I need Internal Memory. When I try to install I receive "Sorry, There´s not enough Space to install this item"

I have already reset my tablet and unmount the SD card, nothing Works !!

VIEWSONIC - Solve This, Please:mad:

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
First of all, Viewsonic is probably going to do little to solve these problems for you, unfortunate but that is the truth. Second, what specifically are the apps that you are trying to install that are giving you that error? The way that Android works you really should not be having that as a problem.

evandroks

Jun 23, 2011
I have 512 Mb of Internal Memory and a 4 GB SDCARD
I tried to install a lot of applications (30 different apps), I could not install, because My Android has just 10 Mb of Free Internal Memory and says "not enough memory", despite of having 3 GB free in SD Card.

I had already:
-killed all the apps in the memory
-Move Some Apps to my 4 Gb SD Card (with the App Move2SD)
-turned off the phone
-umount and mount the SD card again

The memory problems to install Apps persists.I searched in the Internet and I found out that are a lot of persons with the same problem.
http://androidforums.com/htc-hero-sprint/46584-grrr-internal-memory-dilemma.html

I am a computer technician - Linux servers, etc
I use also 2 Iphone (i love them)
I am disappointed with this Huge memory problems in Android

I think that a product must be Ready when we buy. I don´t agree in have to use Rootkit´s, download and install news ROMS, etc - I don´t have time to do it.
I use my Iphone without any rootkit, without any new ROMS.
Why ViewSonic Viewpad 7 Android was launched with this problems, and why is not solved yet ? Where are the fixes ???

First of all, Viewsonic is probably going to do little to solve these problems for you, unfortunate but that is the truth. Second, what specifically are the apps that you are trying to install that are giving you that error? The way that Android works you really should not be having that as a problem.

:(

Last edited: