Other Minor Brands Still!! We Need a Promotion!

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
That was a nice touch wasn't it? :D

Yeah, it sure was, and look at the beautiful formatting he used too. :)

Have been reading some of the posts Staff here makes, welcoming new users, giving them pointers, and was impressed - very friendly and informative posts, from higher up folks, Mods and Admins. That's nice to see, specially on a large site where there's so much going on, all over the place. :)

Good job, Staff. ;)

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
This has turned into a very interesting conversation. I guess we are best left where we are. I have noticed the friendly redirects as well. Great job.

In truth in everyday conversation I have yet to run into anybody that has ever heard of Le Pan. On the other hand the only brand the average person seems to know is iPad.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I guarantee, when everyone seems to know Le Pan, we'll look into this again.:rolleyes:

BTW Whenever I slouch badly on the sofa with my tablet, we both go to sleep.:cool:

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
In truth in everyday conversation I have yet to run into anybody that has ever heard of Le Pan. On the other hand the only brand the average person seems to know is iPad.

If you look at the tablet listings for a large retailer, like Best Buy, Walmart, TigerDirect, there are so many small, unknown brands listed. Le Pan was one of those; at the time I decided to buy my LP1, it was mostly due to the good user reviews it got, specially the superb, hyper-detailed review done by randombohemian.

That clinched the deal, added to the fact I found the Playbook's screen (my other option, same price) a bit too small.

BTW Whenever I slouch badly on the sofa with my tablet, we both go to sleep.:cool:

Tell me about it, I love BBC documentaries, but got to sit up on the sofa. or soon I might drift off.

Careful not to drop that tablet, people had cracks from similar incidents. Major bummer, $$$ to repair. :(

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Funny. I'm slouching on the sofa right now!! Maybe that will be my new years resolution. No more slouching!
I bought my first le pan before Christmas last year. It was on sale at big lots 199.00 9.7 ips screen, android market, HDMI, GPS, Bluetooth. Wow. I was used to cobys! This thing was amazing for the price and I picked it up off the shelf two blocks from home.
I had to trade it in for an LP2 when I ran out of paperclips for the reset hole. Love the LP2 and the LP S. LP1 is sorta crummy. Sorry Yann.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
John, no worries. :)

I use the Le Pan 1 with a Better Operating System, aka CyanogenMod7, but I also need a reset once in a while. Just like its bigger brothers of the desktop or laptop kind. :)

The dual core in the LPII should help in keeping it snappier under multi-thread, multitasking use. I also purchased mine at about the same time, Christmas 2011 sale, Amazon.ca had them on sale for the whole month; finally went for it on Boxing Day.

Got the HP Touchpad as my Better Tablet project, and it was way better. Gave it to my Uni student son, as he can use it a lot more than I would; his textbooks are all availabe as pdfs, and he takes the tablet (and my Targus Truss case too:() in his backpack everywhere. Lot lighter than even one of his books. :p

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I still search for touch pads all the time. Someday I will find one for $100.00 at the same tie I actually have a $100.00.

Right now I have 2 tablets. The le pan II rooted and the Le Pan S. Thats really plenty. But I want more.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
You should try one of the 7"models, that will be different from the two you already have. Maybe the wife buys that as a purchase reason? :p

LOL. I am so very tempted to get a Playbook, it's right here in town, eithe Staples or Walmart have it. $150, for a dual core, 32 GB storage, top quality tablet.

Since I love the inside scoop, it's also attractive on how it works, the QNX op system on it, the fact it's possible to run Android apps on it now. I could spend a lot of time with it. :)

But I just bought a new laptop, that's the toy of the month (or two, or three), so got to cool my heels.

Temptation doesn't go away though.

Have you noticed how many of the mod and admin staff who posted here in this thread sport 7"tablets in their profile listing? We must be missing somenthing. :)

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Today I will be running around looking at shop space to relocate my business. I will be taking one of our 3, 9.7" le pans to check the detailsbof each location as we sit in front of the buildings. (Using our ATT hot spot). A 7" would work great for that sort of thing.