Ouku Night

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
I am considering one of those as a backup to my Acer Iconia A500. Its almost pocket size and looks pretty good for the price. Those of you who have one, maybe you could post your battery times on the site, after you use them for a while. I am thinking that their run time is about 3hrs or so on battery power. It may not be enough battery time for my needs??

jcannon

Nov 11, 2010
Does your Ouku Night actually have 512mb of ram. I believe mine has only 256.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Android Tablet Forum

jotojoe

Oct 27, 2011
You got that OUKU for $66.00 WOW! I bought it on eBay for $199.00 and thought I got a lot for My money. This is My first experience with a smart phone and I am AMAZED! Wal Mart family plan for $45.00 a month puts it within My budgetary constraints. Just got an e mail saying internet is free for the rest of the year and looks like a $40.00 bucket will last Me a long time when I do have to pay for it.
Being a Newbie if there is anything wrong with this tab. I don't know enough to recognize the problem. Battery runs Me all day so I am not having the battery life problem some are complaining about. I'm so smart phone dumb that I was playing with the phone feature and suddenly was talking to My Daughter by accident on speaker phone, She talked Me through phone use. Riding the train People are amazed that My Tab. is also a phone.
So I am really enjoying My New Toy!

Nov 1, 2011
g-sensor doesn't work properly on my ouku: x,y axis are reversed. When i tilt it forward/backward ball moves lift/right, if i tilt tablet right/left ball moves forward/backward. Is this only my problem?
Tested on several programs and games.

roossylvia

Nov 25, 2011
Hi People, I have the same tablet as in this thread, the OUKU TCP800W,
but mine wont turn on anymore and I want to try a hard reset,

can anyone help me by telling how to use the small reset button on the side?

i have allready tried to tap it once, hold it for a few seconds and in comination the the power on/off button.
but sofar nothing works...

Any suggestions?

King regars Sylvia

jomartin

Dec 20, 2011
Question for you guys that already have one -- I noticed on the Lightinthebox webpage, they show a guy using earphones with a mike to use it as a phone. Is that necessary, or can you also just hold it up to your ear and talk into a built-in mike, like a regular phone?

Bluetooth headset works a treat :)

jomartin

Dec 20, 2011
Hi People, I have the same tablet as in this thread, the OUKU TCP800W,
but mine wont turn on anymore and I want to try a hard reset,

can anyone help me by telling how to use the small reset button on the side?

i have allready tried to tap it once, hold it for a few seconds and in comination the the power on/off button.
but sofar nothing works...

Same problem after trying to reboot UI via Blade Buddy on rooted tablet. Turned off and won't turn on. Charges only when plugged into pc but the only thing I get is the green LED and one vibrate. Screen stays off. Is there hope? I'm pretty savvy when it comes to electronics so any suggestions no matter how complicated will gladly be tried =)

Thanks in advance!

Anyone has any ideas?

jomartin

Dec 20, 2011
Just wanted to double-check that this has real satellite based GPS.

According to GPS Essentials it's real GPS. As in it tells me how may sattelites it's hooked up to...
I also own a bluetooth GPS unit (Royal Tek Logger) which gives me better and faster lock onto more sattelites and works great in combination with an app (I think called bluetooth GPS) with which your phone will accept GPS data from external devices.
Hope this helps!

jomartin

Dec 20, 2011
Battery life is pretty good depending on what you use it for. Then also there are apps to help save battery power. I recommend Juice Defender (I bought the ultimate version but there's a free one as well) which automatically takes care of those functions you only need on when the screen's on. It then turns them off when the screen goes off (subject to modification). The best thing I find is that it lets you take control of which apps get mobile data and which don't. Firstly, this turns off annoying ads in those programs/ games that are ad supported and therefore need to connect to the web. Secondly, it saves heaps of battery power. Generally, I go for about a day if I'm not constantly on it. Otherwise a solid 3-4 hours I'd say.

Hope this helps!

jomartin

Dec 20, 2011
Hey Sylvia,

It turns out afterall it was a dead battery! Gosh, I was sooo frustrated! Have you tried connecting your tablet to a computer via USB? This did the trick for me. Leave it there for at least 10mins before trying to torn it on and it should work. Hope this does it for you, I'm glad I didn't accidentally find out the combionation for hard reset...

Best of luck!

coachboyd

Dec 22, 2011
Is anybody else having problems with the wifi not staying on when the tablet sleeps? I am missing my sleep policy in the advanced settings in wifi settings. I have tried various apps to keep my wifi on when the screen is off but none seem to help. About 10-15 minutes after the screen turns off the wifi also turns off (meaning I don't get any emails) unless I turn back on the tablet.