Out of disk space on /data

tryptych

May 7, 2011
So I just realized my Coby is using /data to install apps and is full after about 300MB... instead of using /nand which still has 2.7GB free space... %*(&$#... whoever decided this makes sense should be shot, or at least unemployed...

What are my options? Google points me towards app2sdcard and link2sd, but neither sounds very appealing, link2sd requires partitioning? This should not be complicated... Is there nothing else? I just want it to install apps to /nand instead of /data... or remap the folder... symlinks... anything?

PS - I'm on Android 2.1 (w/ Watery 1.1), if I upgrade to Gingerbread will I still have this problem?

Last edited:

fun

Aug 19, 2010
there is chinese rom (compatible with 7015) which has new bootloader(lk.rom). with new bootloader, you can get +512MB MTD partitions(=+512MB /data) and -512MB NAND. but it only work with 2.3 ROM.

Murf

Jun 20, 2011
Yeah, I never understood the crazy way they handle the memory either. Seems kinda ridiculous to leave you such a meager amount for apps. App2SD functionality is built into GB2.3.3. However, the problem is not all apps are capable of being moved to SD (another thing that seems bizarre to me). NOTE: The latest version of Application Assistant has App2SD built in, in addition to a lot of other cool utilities. You might give that a try!