Overall experience with the Viewsonic Gtablet...

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
Seems like you're all set, now you just need the gtab

Sent from my Brilliant Corners using Android Tablet Forum

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Anyone running CM7 or Vegan Gingerbread? I've got either end of the scale, but no middle. Hows the gingerbread ROMs doing?

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
The gingerbread roms using CM7 are pretty sweet. I flashed a 1.2 version ginger/CM7 from Zyhong hosted on slatedroid and it works well until you try to make a nandroid backup. Icewing is also working on a stable CM7 Rom based off some of the nightlies, but I hadn't tried his port yet.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
The gingerbread roms using CM7 are pretty sweet. I flashed a 1.2 version ginger/CM7 from Zyhong hosted on slatedroid and it works well until you try to make a nandroid backup. Icewing is also working on a stable CM7 Rom based off some of the nightlies, but I hadn't tried his port yet.

Does everything work (camera, bluetooth, etc)? Are they stable? Speed ok, clockable?

Last edited:

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
As far as I remember everything works. Icewing is working on the stability of what started as a nightly CM7 build. The Zyhong collection was pretty stable in my opinion, I just got lured away by honeycomb at the time. Spend some time in the 1.2 bootloader section of slatedroid looking at the gingerbread roms and hopefully someone here will give you some more impressions of them

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
I think that is the GB I downloaded. I'll have to check.

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
I just downloaded a CM7 into my OP V. Fantastic ROM. May run the same on my gtablet. So smooth and sleek.

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Well, the screen protector and skin I ordered after my Gtab came in today. The tablet, however, is still in transit. How exactly is this possible? I'm not quite sure either.

Fuzzracer

Aug 4, 2011
I ordered the black skinomi carbon fiber skin with the protector earlier today it was only $19.95 with free ship from amazon, what kind did you get sharpe ? I was thinking about getting one of those folder cases for it from ebay.

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
I ordered the black skinomi carbon fiber skin with the protector earlier today it was only $19.95 with free ship from amazon, what kind did you get sharpe ? I was thinking about getting one of those folder cases for it from ebay.

Funny you mention that, I ordered the very same skin. From the same place. I have a 10" tablet case with integrated USB keyboard for the tablet already (used it on my previous tab). I really like having a keyboard. Seems to make it more useful.

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
I have the clear skinomi techskin, had them for my pre and pixie before jumping to android, absolutely fabulous screen protectors. I just got a sleeve case from my tab off Amazon as I don't have a keyboard for it.

Sent from my Brilliant Corners using Android Tablet Forum

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Fuzz, are you on the 1.2 bl? I remember you said you were on century eyes. What is that based on, froyo, GB, HC? Also, how do you like it.

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Does the kernal need to be changed to flash a ROM?

Is there a tutorial to setup and use nvflash?

Last edited: