Overclock your Gtab!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I know what you mean. I started getting the FC on android.process.acore yesterday, and it was back to square 1 for me. At least I'm a pro at nvflash now. :)

-Matt

drum747

Mar 19, 2011
I'm running the Calkulin/Clemsyn OC combo from xda. Wow! 3521 quadrant. Amazingly fast. Running smooth. Use Calkulins format all. Flash rom, flash high voltage kernel. Install apps without data. Bammm!

Sent from my UPC300-2.2 using Tapatalk

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I also love the over clock

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
I remember the old day, people got excited having able to OC the Celeron 300 to 333. That was an 10% increase. Pershoot's kernel OC'ed to 1.4 and Clemsyn to 1.5. Clemsyn also added additional voltage. All for performance ! No wonder that benchmark would jump from 2K to over 3K. The Dev's know what they are doing, but come to think of it, this is 40 - 50 % increase over the rated frequency. The CPU generates heat. The O'Clocking will add to that. We are to contemplate on that first.

Perhaps I would try the Calkulin + Clemsyn combo, just for curiosity, for a short time only.

Edit 4/18/2011: Clemsyn released Non-Overclocking kernel plus under-voltage at XDA.

Last edited:

fridge011

Mar 19, 2011
Is it a coincidence that we get overclocking kernels a few days after the xda devs talked to viewsonic? Makes me wonder what else is in store, since clemsyn or gojima (i cant remember which) said he and pershoot (as well as others) talked to them and he hinted on xda that some stuff was in the works but couldnt say anymore then that.

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0b5.1.1 using Android Tablet Forum

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I think it's just a coincidence. At least, I read gojimi's comment that it was just an informal exchange of names at this point. I wish you were right, but I'm keeping my expectations as low as possible on the whole meet-up idea.

-Matt

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
Is it a coincidence that we get overclocking kernels a few days after the xda devs talked to viewsonic? Makes me wonder what else is in store, since clemsyn or gojima (i cant remember which) said he and pershoot (as well as others) talked to them and he hinted on xda that some stuff was in the works but couldnt say anymore then that.

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0b5.1.1 using Android Tablet Forum

I'm hoping this unlocks the gtabs real potential!!!

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum

ralphtrent

Apr 14, 2011
I was reading droidbasement and at the bottom of the 1.4 Ghz Kernal Notes, it says this "Be aware, that if you leave it pinned to max, hammering it, it will get warm/warmer then your used to at 1GHZ, pinned" What does this mean exactly. I have installed this kernel and use SetCPU to set the cpu at 1.2, does this mean that I can not and should not leave it at 1.4?

Thanks,
RalphTrent

coyoteblue

Mar 1, 2011
I was reading droidbasement and at the bottom of the 1.4 Ghz Kernal Notes, it says this "Be aware, that if you leave it pinned to max, hammering it, it will get warm/warmer then your used to at 1GHZ, pinned" What does this mean exactly. I have installed this kernel and use SetCPU to set the cpu at 1.2, does this mean that I can not and should not leave it at 1.4?

Thanks,
RalphTrent

Pinning would be setting min/max at 1400 for maximum performance just to see how it does. Just set it at 216 min and 1400 max for regular use.