Overclock Z102?

Merlin11

Apr 28, 2012
Hmmm not even one reply? I guess I bought the wrong tablet lol. Well live and learn.

Merlin11

Apr 28, 2012
Still no replys? Thats kind of a drag. Well in the process of trying to over clock this thing Ive found instead of a 1gig cpu and 8gig of mem it seems this tablet is realy a 800megahertz cpu and 6gig of mem? Anyone know anything about this? Hello Hello anyone here?

Last edited:

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
Merlin11 said:
Still no replys? Thats kind of a drag. Well in the process of trying to over clock this thing Ive found instead of a 1gig cpu and 8gig of mem it seems this tablet is realy a 800megahertz cpu and 6gig of mem? Anyone know anything about this? Hello Hello anyone here?

Hi Merlin,

I mentioned in another post that I have a zt-180, a zt-282, and an Idolian touchtab 10. I can't help with the zt-102, but suggest that you contact Zenithink directly at Zenithink.com and ask their service desk. If you want, I could do this, but since you have one of these, you know the right questions to ask.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Merlin11

Apr 28, 2012
Ya I have the upgraded ZT102 tablet. I really want to do this but I dont know where to start? I had tried flashing my first zt102 but bricked it (more or less). I cant afford to brick this one. I read in your other thread that I would have to flash my 102 but I have no idea how to do so safely. Can you post a step by step how to.

Last edited:

Merlin11

Apr 28, 2012
Can I just use the oc kernel with out changing the data partition? If I use the 2 gig partition does it wipe out all my settings and apps? Ive found what seems to be the right kernel for my 1n k1 upgraded tablet and am ready to try.

Last edited:

benadlam

May 6, 2012
If the kernel is with the data partition file then yes it will wipe, but it's worth it in my opinion! You basically just download the official Zenithink software and substitute in those kernels and partition/recovery files, then flash

Sent from my Xperia S on which The Kernel has been installed but he bought no chicken.....

Merlin11

Apr 28, 2012
Ok now Iam lost? Are you saying I reflash the whole Android OS 4.0.3 from Zenithink's website. Thought I could load just the kernel? I tried to flash the same updated Z102 with 1ghz cpu and 1 gig flash and 8 gig mem. When I flash that tablet I lost my wifi and I had to send back the tablet as nothing I tried to do would get back my wifi so Iam not wanting to reflash this tablet. I asked here for help with out one reply. Can I just load the kernel?

Merlin11

Apr 28, 2012
I sure would love to try this. I would love to know why when I flashed my first Z102 the wifi stoped working. I think I read something about putting a few extra files in the folder with the rom? Could I get a step by step of exactly how to over clock this tablet with exactly what files need to be in the zt update folder?

benadlam

May 6, 2012
Because of the 2gb partition you have to flash the entire rom again and wipe everything basically. So you download the 2 files in the link (1.2ghz kernel and 2gb recovery file) and then basically delete the 2 files of the same name from the official Zenithink download and replace with them. Then re flash.

Sent from my Xperia S on which The Kernel has been installed but he bought no chicken.....

benadlam

May 6, 2012
Does that make sense?

Merlin11

Apr 28, 2012
Yes it makes sense. What I would like to know is can I leave the partition as it is? Like I said when I used the updated rom(1ghz CPU 1 gig flash mem 8gig mem) I downloaded from zenithink's website I was never able to get the tablet to see the wifi? When I would try to turn on the wifi under settings it would turn itself off in less then one sec? So can I just run the kernel or must I install the rom as well? Any ides what I did wrong when I installed the new rom that wouldnt let the wifi
turn on? Thanks for your help. (or should I say BUMP LOL)