Overclock Z102?

benadlam

May 6, 2012
So does your wifi now work? Is that y you're worried about totally wiping again?

There's no reason y it wouldn't work, my dad has the same tablet and his is fine.

The only thing you can do if you don't want to wipe is flash kernel only (not a 2GB one) this one -
http://www.mediafire.com/?l4lxy26z47075#9mu7bl79uss6v

That will give you 1ghz (Zenithink standard is only 800 cus they lie) so you will notice an improvement in speed, but the best to do is the 1.2 with 2gb.

To flash kernel only, you empty your zt update folder and put only the new kernel file in. And flash

Sent from my Xperia S on which The Kernel has been installed but he bought no chicken.....

benadlam

May 6, 2012
You cannot flash the 1.2 without the recovery file too. (just to be clear) only the 1.0 that i linked to can be done on it's own without losing data

Sent from my Xperia S on which The Kernel has been installed but he bought no chicken.....

Merlin11

Apr 28, 2012
I had to send that tablet back as I couldnt get anyone to help me restore it and I never got the wifi to turn on. Can you tell me exactly what files need to be in the zt update folder? I wonder if I left something out? Thanks.
So does your wifi now work? Is that y you're worried about totally wiping again?

There's no reason y it wouldn't work, my dad has the same tablet and his is fine.

The only thing you can do if you don't want to wipe is flash kernel only (not a 2GB one) this one -
Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

That will give you 1ghz (Zenithink standard is only 800 cus they lie) so you will notice an improvement in speed, but the best to do is the 1.2 with 2gb.

To flash kernel only, you empty your zt update folder and put only the new kernel file in. And flash

Merlin11

Apr 28, 2012
I tried to join slatedroid and there seems to be no one home? Could you pm a mod over there for me and have them check out why my vaildation never went through? (I tried three times to resend the vaildation?) Thanks

benadlam

May 6, 2012
You shouldn't have left anything out as you basically download the file from Zenithink and stick the zt update folder on your memory card, it was probably a hardware issue with the tablet

Merlin11

Apr 28, 2012
Ive sent a message to the vender I buy these from to see if he wants to try this or if its ok for me to try it. I never liked missing out of something cool lol. If you could pm a mod ovet at slate and see why my account wont actavate (merlin11 is my nic there too) that would help a lot. Thanks for your help here too.

By the way Ive sent many emails to Zenithing asking for support but Ive never recived even one reply so it would seem there is NO support for these tablets?

Last edited:

Merlin11

Apr 28, 2012
I tried that 1 ghz kernel and my speed still maxes out at 800mhz? I put the kernel file in zt update folder and held down the back button then turned on the power. The tablet said it was programing but Iam still at 800? Any ideas? Thanks

Merlin11

Apr 28, 2012
Ok I got the 900mhz kernel to work. The tablet seems faster. For some reason I cant get the 1gig kernel to work. When the image updates my tablet will no longer boot. I see the ZTPAD logo then nothing? Any ideas how I can get the 1gig kernel to work? Could it be a bad update? Have you tried the 1gig kernel? Is there some where else I can download this from? Thanks.

Last edited:

benadlam

May 6, 2012
My dad had the 1.0 kernel running fine, but apparently they're all different. Some won't work on 1.0 but will on 900 or 1.2 and even 1.4! It seems very odd, but all the tablets even tho they should be the same are a bit different! I guy who created these kernels can't run 1.2 on his, it won't boot, but mine does perfectly!

Have you checked your spam inbox for slatedroid email?

Merlin11

Apr 28, 2012
Ya I checked. I had to make another acount and its fine. My nic there is Testing 1.