Overclocking the TC970 Le Pan 1 is possible (1.2 GHz atm)

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Just started working thru this process, thanks to Chinabull's overclocking kernel driver and scripts, plus his super detailed instructions, it's a breeze.

Read and follow instructions, and I have my LP1 running at 1.2 GHz, seems stable in a short use test. :)

Thanks so much, Chinabull - I plan on experimenting with this, and later writing a detailed guide, incorporating your driver and installation tips, plus the added work by spooky2012 and sburns90 (posted in another thread).

Here's a snapshot of CPU stats at the moment, showing the maximum processor rate is now 1.2 GHz :

lp1overlock12ghz.png

Cheers, and thank you so much. ;)

[my guide will be posted here, in the Development forum, when I have it ready]

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Stage 2 of my testing process:

And I have now followed spooky2012's superbly detailed guide - and made the overclocking a permanent process.

Thanks spooky2012 - great job! :)

A couple of notes to add :

meP_0ZkWXf2kSnR8chxRBGqep4aswUDtoVQdvDUqMmoLqLGSOeh6gIETOZlTkmuMlQ=w78-h78

- although I always use ES File Explorer for managing stuff, I found that for this job Root Explorer Lite, which is FREE as well, offered nice options, did the job superbly. Recommended. Get It HERE!

Tudb4qpfIpNKl0D-Fsa92uasNi-anoNteM0mt0mInVCRVOQZ5C914apVaS5sM7jigGA=w78-h78

- while you are there, find the Autostart (Root) app too -- HERE.

Kudos to you, gentlemen, superb job, providing not only the tools needed but also detailed, step by step information.

Many Thanks, Chinabull and Spooky2012. :)

Stage 3 of my Testing :

I used the SuperCharger Script from an XDA Developers thread, it has a huge set of features, so much so that I plan to leave it out of my own guide; it deserves a separate one.

Stage 4 of my Testing :

I have used Antutu Benchmark, to see how the device performs, and get a rating. Interestingly, it also shows you ho your own device compares with other, same model and brand.

So here's the screenshot :

antutubenchmarks.png

My device is the one with the Canadian flag, it's running at 1200 MHz (although Antutu says 1225). The device score is 2913, and is circled in RED.

For comparison, there's other scores of TC970 units, some are clocked even higher, like 1325 MHz, higher score results.

A good thing is that there's one TC907 result, running at the stock 1 GHz, or 1000 MHz. That device scored 2669.

My result turns out to be a 9% increase in the benchmark (which is NOT only processro, but a variety of things.

Another interesting thing to note - there's another TC970 overclocked at the same rate, 1.2 GHz, yet he only gets 2838 - less than mine. I think this might be due to the other optimizations I made with the SuperCharger script suggested by sburns90.

My own guide, combining everything I read and what I have learned from my personal testing will come soon. ;)

Comments, Questions? reply in the thread. ;)

Last edited:

sonicinbox

Oct 16, 2012
when we can have your step by step instruction? I can't wait for that~~~~~

;)

Just started working thru this process, thanks to Chinabull's overclocking kernel driver and scripts, plus his super detailed instructions, it's a breeze.

Read and follow instructions, and I have my LP1 running at 1.2 GHz, seems stable in a short use test. :)

Thanks so much, Chinabull - I plan on experimenting with this, and later writing a detailed guide, incorporating your driver and installation tips, plus the added work by spooky2012 and sburns90 (posted in another thread).

Here's a snapshot of CPU stats at the moment, showing the maximum processor rate is now 1.2 GHz :

lp1overlock12ghz.png

Cheers, and thank you so much. ;)

[my guide will be posted here, in the Development forum, when I have it ready]

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
when we can have your step by step instruction? I can't wait for that~~~~~

;)

Ah, that's good. I was a bit disappointed that nobody had responded to the post above. :p

Got busy with other research last week, but this week I think I can work on this again. The tablet seemed nice and stable with the overclock, now I am testing some other things on it but still have a good, complete backup of its overclocked ROM; can restore quickly.

Cheers. :)