P*ssed with my MID1024 $%#%$#%$#%$#$!@@

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Got my MID1024 about 10 days ago. Since the beginning it would not turn on at once: I have to restart it 3, 4, 5 times until it goes to the unlock screen and work. It's like it needs to "warm" before it works.

After that, it can't go to sleep mode or it will turn off by itself. I have changed WiFi to "always on" and it seemed to help, but then the battery lasts much less. Grrrrr

Now, installed the revorey firmware from Coby, which looked like had a fix for WiFi. Better? It seems. So I left it sleeping and charging overnight, but in the morning it was off. I had to restart it 6 times so it will fully load the OS, but then all my settings were erased and many programs now force close! WTF?!?!?!

Anyone experienced this yet? It was working perfectly, and suddenly I lose all my preferences? I can't believe I will have to factory restore the d*mn thing all over again.

Hardware or software problem? The only thing unusual running in the background was AVG (although I had disabled live scanning in the preferences). Maybe a software is the culprit?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Thanks. I will try as soon as I unbrick my tablet (or burn it entirely... lol).

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Yes, return it. You've already gone beyond where you should to get a new product working properly.

hhugorivera

Sep 7, 2011
Got my MID1024 about 10 days ago. Since the beginning it would not turn on at once: I have to restart it 3, 4, 5 times until it goes to the unlock screen and work. It's like it needs to "warm" before it works.

After that, it can't go to sleep mode or it will turn off by itself. I have changed WiFi to "always on" and it seemed to help, but then the battery lasts much less. Grrrrr

Now, installed the revorey firmware from Coby, which looked like had a fix for WiFi. Better? It seems. So I left it sleeping and charging overnight, but in the morning it was off. I had to restart it 6 times so it will fully load the OS, but then all my settings were erased and many programs now force close! WTF?!?!?!

Anyone experienced this yet? It was working perfectly, and suddenly I lose all my preferences? I can't believe I will have to factory restore the d*mn thing all over again.

Hardware or software problem? The only thing unusual running in the background was AVG (although I had disabled live scanning in the preferences). Maybe a software is the culprit?

Well seems like I just started to have some of these issues you're mentioning on my 1024.
My problem is that I imported this tablet from usa to mexico and in order to return it I need to pay ' a huge tax'. So there's no "returning option" for me.

- What I noticed is the tablet performance becomes slow (video or gaming delay) and then the menu buttons stops working :S so I have to restart it. Also it has the same sleeping problem, when the tablet goes to sleep it turns off.

I installed the firmware update from coby but same issues persists. Any Ideas?

Can this be related to power source or is it a firmware bug??
Any custom firmware I can use to get rid of the original OS version?

:confused:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Right now I would suggest that any user with a Kyros MIDx024 avoided flashing any ROM, even the OFW. I have seen reports of hard bricked tablets (nothing on screen, buttons stay light only while power button is pressed) simply trying to apply the original firmware. It's not clear if it's a problem during the flash or in the tablet electronics itself...

Some people also reported that these things prevented turn off while sleeping:
- lcd brightness above 51%
- wifi on always (hidden set, WiFi Buddy is a free app that lets you set it)

I followed the moderator's advice and returned mine. I could deal with the unit turning itself off, but not with having to restart it 3x, 4x for it to load the system and then having all my settings erased...

Last edited: