Pandawill choices?

anonydata

Jan 20, 2011
Yes,
I April 2010 they listed the G10 and first specifications (by which I purchased) included an HDMI out. Post the purchase, I contacted the support when the specifications changes (no HDMI out) and through a series of emails was instructed to reject the delivery ... I was given a message that they would deliver (product was expected) a replacement that would have that feature.

There is a great deal more detail. Too much to relate here. But what happened post this was no replacement product, limited and incomplete responses to my emails and offers for compromise. Recently, though I had sent in the details about the 'direction to reject delivery' as well as a (granted text scrapping) capture of the shipping return details, I was told there was no return.

My issue at some level for letting it drag on. I was trying to be a good partner and see it work out but I get no responses that can be operated on. Now I have taken the course of putting out the warning and working with the payment services to minimally recover my money. This does not account for all of my time and not having the product.

Does that help?

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Thank you for sharing your story, and I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Hopefully this will not happen to anyone else, and I hope you get what resolution you feel is proper.

srikrish

Jan 26, 2011
I just got my m701-r sku#8883 from pandawill and can say for the price the m701r is da best for da price. Now as for buying form pandawill, i would say DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!. They mislead you on there inventory. They took my order on oct 29 and i just got my pad today. I paid xtra for shpping and they sent regular mail. They always say that they sent your order but they dont. Out of years of buying online from Asia i can say that after reading up on pandawill, i will say NEVER BUY FROM THEM.

I dont buy from Pandawill as well as i find them too costly. I got10" Touch Screen Google Android 2.1 ZT-180 (1GMHZ ) 256MB 3G Tablet from ChinaBuye , online gadget store from china, at a reasonable rate. I feel this is best of tablet i used so far. WIFI wireless Internet access to support; Supporting external 3G Network Card. I can download n number of games and play.

Last edited:

Lightsky

Jan 17, 2011
Pandawill is a SCAM?
Found a tablet on pandawill, called Dropad A8. Looks pretty good, android 2.2 os, Samsung S5PV210, 1GHz, capacitive screen. Just noticed seems Pandawill is a scam when I searched this tablet and the seller around. I hold my trigger now. So, any idea?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
there are other vendors out there. try one of them.

Remember, if a deal LOOKS too good to be true, it IS too good to be true

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Pandawill isn't a scam. They have this tablet now (follow news depot thread). They have issues with shipping and customer service though, but overall I trust them over random ebay and aliexpress sellers.

There's no indication that this is actually worth the money though.

You can't just buy a tablet for its specs on Android.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
To be fair Xaueious is completely correct, there are issues that are being reported but i do not ascribe them to malicious intent on the part of Pandawill.

All I can say to clarify is this, and I believe this goes for all vendors and all consumers, there are a ton of tablets out there with more coming every week. Some of these are made by "major" vendors and some are clones, knockoffs, whatever you want to call them. If you are looking for a deal or a steal or whatever you want to call it and go with a knockoff then caveat emptor. A big part of what you get when you buy from the likes of a Samsung or Motorola is QUALITY CONTROL and vendor support. This is what the extra money up front is covering. If you go with a company you have never heard of, that is telling you straight out it is NOT a brand-name device, then you are getting exactly what you pay for, and while we will try to help, we can't support every device either.

Andromagic

Sep 28, 2010
pandawill is undoubtedly a scam scam scam! I ordered a 8" Android 2.2 Cortex tablet from them, but I just got a broken one after 41 days waiting. When I talked to them, they asked me to send it back. I followed(very stupid). Now, they still haven't sent me another one. When I asked help from Paypal, it's useless now. scam pandawill just did that on purpose. PANDAWILL IS SCAM. A BATCH OF SCUMS.

RobMtl007

Jan 15, 2011
Greetings Everyone:

For Lightsky, I think you and I are angry about Pandawill because this particular Dropad A8 specs on PandaWill does not seem right.
I've checked with other sellers and the manufacture of the Dropad A8 and they state that the storage capacity is 2gigs, while PandaWill states 4 gigs, who is correct its hard to say.
I've bought many things from China suppliers and the one thing that everyone lacks is customer service and quality control.
I would pay more money to buy from a USA supplier than a China Supplier, but there aren't many USA suppliers that sell Tablets.
Maybe its you and me and the rest of us who fuel this madness in China. We want to save 50% on costs just to take a gamble on quality control and customer service.
If I can only find someone in China, maybe a University student who speaks good english, he/she would test the tablet, negotiate the right price for me, ship me the tablet via DHL, EMS EXpress, and take care of warranty repair when need be. Then this would be the solution to problems I have when buying from China.
But I think its only a dream, actually I don't know in what layer of the dream it is. :)
Regards Robert

dardoncas

Nov 10, 2010
Pandawill and their sister site (stores-best-buy.com) have sold me a few items and I've found that if one does purchase from them, you need to be prepared to be very persistent (but polite) when dealing with them. I have found that through my (polite) persistence things have concluded to my satisfaction.

Important to note that when they tell you it has shipped, don't take it at face value and ask for the tracking number. If you don't get it, ask again. Ask customer service, in the forum, and email them as well. Read their policies and when necessary remind them of their policies.

I understand we should not have to go through this type of hassle, but it is the nature of the beast (so to speak) when we purchase Shanzai products. Realizing this, I have now spared myself the headache and purchased my latest tablet at BrandsmartUSA. It might be a China tablet but at least I have a local US outlet to return to if ever needed!

Edit: oh, and to stay true to the original intent of the thread: Gpad G10 is my recommendation