Pandigital Goes 'Belly Up'; Will No Longer Honor Warranties

Discussion in 'Android Tablet News' started by dgstorm, Nov 21, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG]

Technically the company, Pandigital, first began their liquidation bankruptcy proceedings in July of this year, but now the company is truly looking "belly-up." Owners of a Pandigital Android tablet were sent an email recently reminding them that the comapny went bankrupt and will no longer be offering any warranty work or replacements for existing devices. This probably didn't come as a surprise to most, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. Here's the email,

This is a bit unfortunate, because Pandigital's products were actually pretty good...

Source: Engadget
  2. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    That is a bit sad but hopefully others will step up their game to fill the void and take the sales that pandigital was getting. Maybe if some of those sales go to the Nexus 7 now it will help Android that much more.
  3. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Transformer TF700
    Very sad indeed but with so many companies in the fray I suspect we'll see more of this from the ones that have all or most of their eggs in the same basket.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. ExtremeRyno

ExtremeRyno Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    NookColor, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    My first "tablet" was the original white Pandigital Novel that I ran on a custom Froyo ROM. It's what got me interested in Android in the first place. Before that, I was just fine with my first generation Kindle. My mom still uses my old WPDN on trips, but it spends the majority of the time unused on her bookshelf.
  5. SteveOnion

SteveOnion Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Digix Tab-720/stock/2.3.3, Sylvania SYNET07WICV/Uberoid/2.2, Craig CMP738b /CM7/2.3.7, Trio 4.3"/ICS
    Any chance that Pandigital might release the source code for their tablets?

My first Android tablet was the white Novel. Some clever folks were able to take the original Eclair-based device and upgrade it to Froyo (CM6) and even Gingerbread without the source code.

Image how Pandigital's products could be improved if the source was readily available.