Pandigital Goes 'Belly Up'; Will No Longer Honor Warranties

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
pandigital_novel-tablet.jpg

Technically the company, Pandigital, first began their liquidation bankruptcy proceedings in July of this year, but now the company is truly looking "belly-up." Owners of a Pandigital Android tablet were sent an email recently reminding them that the comapny went bankrupt and will no longer be offering any warranty work or replacements for existing devices. This probably didn't come as a surprise to most, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. Here's the email,

Due to this liquidation process any further requests for warranty replacements cannot be honored.

Please be advised that Pandigital, Inc (the 'Company'), executed a General Assignment for the benefit of its creditors in favor of Credit Management Association on July 13, 2012 (the 'General Assignment'). A general assignment is a common law means of concluding the affairs of an insolvent debtor as an alternative to the Chapter 7 bankruptcy process. Pandigital is currently in the process of liquidation by the Assignee.

You are receiving this email as you have recently been shipped a warranty replacement for a Pandigital product.

This is a bit unfortunate, because Pandigital's products were actually pretty good...

Source: Engadget

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
That is a bit sad but hopefully others will step up their game to fill the void and take the sales that pandigital was getting. Maybe if some of those sales go to the Nexus 7 now it will help Android that much more.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Very sad indeed but with so many companies in the fray I suspect we'll see more of this from the ones that have all or most of their eggs in the same basket.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
My first "tablet" was the original white Pandigital Novel that I ran on a custom Froyo ROM. It's what got me interested in Android in the first place. Before that, I was just fine with my first generation Kindle. My mom still uses my old WPDN on trips, but it spends the majority of the time unused on her bookshelf.

SteveOnion

May 30, 2011
Any chance that Pandigital might release the source code for their tablets?

My first Android tablet was the white Novel. Some clever folks were able to take the original Eclair-based device and upgrade it to Froyo (CM6) and even Gingerbread without the source code.

Image how Pandigital's products could be improved if the source was readily available.