Pandigital Novel 7" black vs white

alex6499

Mar 11, 2011
Is there a difference between the two colors? Does the white one have more hacking capabilities than the black one?

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
Well, good question, it now depends on which black one you are talking about. Yesterday it was posted at slatedroid.com that QVC has a black one offered that has the same specs as the White. HOWEVER most black ones are different than the white. Try searching for the black here and at slatedroid for what you can find about the differences. I think the black is a lesser unit and the firmware may be more limited.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Older black versions have only 128MB RAM and run Android 1.5
Older white and new black versions have 256MB RAM and run Android 2.0

The additional RAM is crucial

PRD07T20W seems to be the model number associated with the useless version.

daspazz

Feb 27, 2011

That model is the older black or BPDN unit. They are hackable but limited in what version of the android OS they can run. I bought one from BB for 180 so the price is pretty good @ $89.00 shipped. I took my BPDN back for a full refund and ended up buying a WPDN used from someone via Craigslist. I found 2 near me @ Kohl's but they want$ 200.00 for them. F dat!

Maybe you can get lucky and find a QVC one on craigslist.

They actually have 512megs of memory and due to a partitioning scheme limit any internally upgraded cards to a 50/50 split. Hence my 16gig card is 2 8 gig cards but the OS side is probably not using but 512mb of that one 8 gig partition.

Hope that helps in your decision.