Pandigital Novel Reader App?

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
Before I got my NC, I had a WPDN. Loved the reading app on it. I did get used to the NookColor one, but now that I'm running CM7 I can't find a reading app I really enjoy. The Nook app has a few annoyances that make me hate it (the title & stuff at the top, for one).

Does anyone know where I can find the *.apk for the Barnes & Noble app found on the WPDN?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It sounds like you are looking for an older version of the B&N app (assuming the reader didn't have a custom setup for reading like a stock nook color as oppesed to just an app). There are lots of apps for reading but if you want the B&N app specifically what is in the Market is what you get unless you can find the older apk.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
Found some links from sainthooligan at SlateDroid to the actual app. I'll post more once I test them on the NC.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
It's the actual reader made for the Pandigital Novel. Just tested them, and unfortunately neither app worked on the NC. Makes me kind of sad. It's a great app: 100% better than the Nook app. Not as many options as Moon+ Reader, but I would rather use it over anything else.

Here's the link in case anyone wants to play around with it or has another device to try it on.

PanReader-release-03-01-2011-3621-BN-presys.apk

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
That's what I was wondering. So it isn't really an Android app but a custom app for the device.