Pandigital SuperNova Wi-Fi Stopped Working

Mikay1823

Dec 21, 2011
Hi,
I got the Pandigital SuperNova about a month ago. It worked great at first. I was able to access the internet, watch youtube, check my e-mail, etc. About 2 weeks later, the Wi-Fi stopped working. The device is constantly scanning for the Wi-Fi. It will connect, then disconnect. I have tried deleting the Wi-Fi, and re-adding it. It didn't work. We have 3 other devices that use Wi-Fi, and they all work fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kim aka Mikay1823

mike578

Dec 24, 2011
Hi there-

I have the same issue. Mine worked for about 3 days no problem, and then Bam! No wifi connection. I have tried everything, including calling Pandigital. They explained to me that it is a "software issue" and it is on their "high priority" list of issues to resolve. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know, I wanted to show this off at Christmas, however now I have a glorified Angry Birds machine :)

Trent

Dec 24, 2011
THis happened to me to. I noticed that after charging it and then turning it back on, the wifi stops working.

Jarhead9906

Dec 28, 2011
I bought my 12 year old a pandigital supernova it worked great for 4 days then no wifi connection

I bought my 5 year old a visio tablet - no probelm

this is very discouraging....

Giterdone

Nov 24, 2011
Damn I thought I was 2nd time lucky with a Pandigital product. Had a Novel at first but thought it was way too slow and flaky compared to my Coby MID7015. So I bought this SuperNova with gift cards thinking it looked good and might actually perform as per specs and it did but I sit back with my old Novel because the SuperNova can`t seem to authenticate with my router anymore. Hmmmm! I sense a certain product return in the morning.

If anyone`s reading this I fixed my WiFi. Unfortunately the only way I found was to do a complete factory reset. Once I did that it was back and working again. The downside is I lost everything I`d done including apps and settings. Oh well.

Last edited:

mike578

Dec 24, 2011
I have contacted Pandigital and they stated I needed to do a firmware update, however the "PC Updater" program they use for the file download does not work, I have tried it on 3 different computers, and they keep telling me they are "working on it." I am starting to lose faith in this working. I have done a complete factory reset, however once the unit is turned off and back on again, it is back to the same situation, with a lost MAC address.

bfox

Dec 30, 2011
Having the same issue...got it for Xmas, worked fine till a few hours ago, and now not connecting to my linksys

robang13

Jan 1, 2012
Mine is doing the same thing. Do we return it or wait for an answer?! I called and was told 72 hours and it's past that. I can't believe that this is an issue and they are not addressing it! If they would just post something on their website that they are working on it , it wouldn't be bad. It's the not knowing if it's going to get fixed or not! If anyone gets an answer please post so we all know?! Happy New Year!!!

angela

ps. took the leap and reset the tablet. It is back to the way I received it and working. There is an actual MAC address and all. I will use it for a few days to see if it keeps connecting. If it stops I am returning it. I would suggest you reset it also and see if yours works. All this waiting and not getting answers is just crazy.

Last edited:

keenam1

Jan 1, 2012
i bought one for my husband for christmas used for 3 days and doing the same no wifi. Bad thing is that I tried and did a factory reset so no its useless because no games or anything else on it. I wonder should we return it before its too late.

robang13

Jan 1, 2012
i bought one for my husband for christmas used for 3 days and doing the same no wifi. Bad thing is that I tried and did a factory reset so no its useless because no games or anything else on it. I wonder should we return it before its too late.

I am waiting to see if it will be fixed first. I was told it was a firmware issue and that they are working on it. I'm going to try to talk to some-one tomorrow if I have to stay on hold all day. If I don't get a good answer I am returning mine. I have it through qvc. If I do get an answer I will post it here. Fingers crossed!!

yaesus

Jan 3, 2012
I have the supernova tablet and is doing the same thing with my telephone internet and i called right now to pandigital and they send me and email and i did what they said but it didnt work.So i think i will give it back

kentsylv

Jan 8, 2012
Same issue with my Pandigital Supernova it worked for about 10 days. I loaded a few apps from Amazon and dropped some music and photos on to the minisd card and it was working then later in the day in could no longer connect to the wi-fi (netgear) other laptops and xbox connect fine. I also reset it to factory specs but that did not fix the issue. I opened an incident on the Pandigital site. I let everyone know if I get somewhere.

I was disappointed initally that it could not connect to android market palce but felt better when I could download apps from Amazon that appeared to be working such as Netflix, Pandora, Atari classic games.

robang13

Jan 1, 2012
Ok...found the fix!!!! ok, so here's the fix: go to I love Pandigital Planet on facebook, like it, go to forums on the left side of the page. There is then a fix to this!! Too bad I sent mine back already!! I was reading the reviews on their website and a woman posted this. I went to it and it is indeed there!! If anyone does it please let me know if it works!!!

JamesDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Hi,
I figured out a fix for the supernova wifi issue and it doesnt requre a firmware update/rewipe

I noticed after installing google market that my wifi stopped working after next bootup
Using root explorer i noticed the root area (/) had 196.86 used, 4kb free
(Keep in mind that my pandigital is rooted so this fix will probably only work on a rooted device.)

Using Titanium backup, i uninstalled one of the aps that is factory installed in the firmware. I decided to remove the old version of youtube player
but you can remove any of the factory installed aps that you dont need to have on there, just make sure its nothing that is system dependent and it should be listed in red.

After removing the youtube player, i noticed the root was 192.6MB used, 4.21MB free and after reboot, my wifi was working again and has remained working
so it appears that when the root folder is full that it messes up the wifi, perhaps cause there isnt enough room to write an ini file or something, dunno

I would take this method as a last effort before re-doing firmware; it saved me the hassle of wiping everything so i hope this will help others too.