Pandigital's Nova Android Tablet Comes to Best Buy for Only $170

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
best-buy-pandigital-nova.jpg

This appears to be a decent deal for an Android 2.3 powered, 7-inch tablet. You can get Pandigital's Nova Android tablet at Best Buy for only $170 bucks! Here's a recap of its specs, which seem none to shabby for this inexpensive little device:
  • 800MHz processor,
  • 4GB of internal storage
  • ActiveTouch display with 800x600 resolution
  • Connects directly to the Barnes and Noble bookstore
  • Front and rear-facing cameras
  • 802.11 b/g/n wireless capabilities
  • Built-in microSD card slot and a micro HDMI port
  • Packed within a frame that's half-an-inch thick
This seems like a worthy addition to the lower-end Android market segment. What do you guys think?

Source: Engadget and Best Buy

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Doesn't seem that bad for something retailing under 200 bucks, and it'll be supported too unlike no-name models pricing similarly.

Lectruck

Apr 23, 2011
Yea, but don't expect any support like replacement screens like the Pandigital Novel!!!

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
Looks like the specs are the same as for the Planet model except the wider screen at 600 pixels? If so, then that is cheaper than any deals I have seen for the Planet (Kohl's at $179 after a rebate when it is on sale for 189, altho I get coupons for 15-20% off anything there fairly often).

I would really like to get hands/eyes on these puppies - acid test for me.

Jsmphoto

Jul 10, 2011
I actually played with the Nova yesterday at the Best Buy near my house in Virginia. Decent little tablet. Screen was nice, but the navigation buttons felt pretty cheap and made home and.back a little difficult. It played angry birds fine snd seemed snappy enough -

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Android Tablet Forum