Parse Error: There is a problem parsing the package

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Dear Sirs, i actually like this tablet, done a lot of things, it was root and i removed some apps like telephone and so others to have a better battery life on it, but today i upgraded the market that came with it(slideme 3.5), and installed the 4.1 version, i also downloaded dolphin browser, however, after installing that app, i recieve some weird notifications regarding that some programs suddendly stops inmediately, so i got a little scared and did a uninstall the dolphin browser, then after doing that my tablet wont allow me to install nothing regarding in applications downloaded from the market, a new message appears on the screen saying this:

Parse Error
There is a problem parsing the package

...and then the ok box

i haved tried to do a factory reset, but i did the factory reset, and nothing, the same messages continue to appear... i already found a way on the internet to make a hard reset presing the screen and simultaneously pressing the 2 buttons in the back or the tablet, and after doing that, a message on the screen appears saying that it didnt found any

"no recovery image is found, try recover from sd"

Is there anyway you guys can help me with it?? everything was working fine, awesome, but i did update the market and installed that dolphin browser, that is when this problems appeared

I'll await your reply with great interest...

Regards,

JV90

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
"no recovery image is found, try recover from sd"

Is there anyway you guys can help me with it??

If you receive a "No recovery image is found, try recover from SD" message when following those steps, it is now possible to manually update the device to obtain a recovery image.

How to manually update SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7/Disgo 6000 to Android 2.2 "Froyo" - Using a microSD card OR from computer using USB cable and OTG Port

However, this will update your device to DG2.20 which is a different version of the Android OS and you will have to root again and make some of those same changes but the battery life seems to better without the need to delete phone.apk.

everything was working fine, awesome, but i did update the market and installed that dolphin browser, that is when this problems appeared
If you want to stay on DG2.02 or DG2.01, you could just try clearing the data and cache in Settings > Applications for slideme.

If all else fails and you want to stay on DG2.01 or DG2.02 try uninstalling slideme 4.01 and find version 3.5 to see if that fixes it.

Another option, if you have root and RootExplorer some instructions say to delete /data/dalvik-cache. Not sure what this does but it gets rebuilt the next time the device is turned on which take a while and the Sylvania animation stays on longer before the launcher screen is display.

Finally, if all else fails look for an alternative market like - getjar, or Amazon App, or the Ugly Hack method.

Last edited:

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Thanks a lot cfrokit, i would do that and post the results, i really appreciatte it.... once again thanks

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
However? what is if i get another sy;vania of the same model, my sister has one too, could i copy some files into the sd card?? and then do something to restore mine??take a recovery image from the one that works??

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
what is if i get another sy;vania of the same model, my sister has one too, could i copy some files into the sd card??

Yes, if it's slideme, uninstall on your device, get .apk from other device and side load via SD card.

take a recovery image from the one that works??
A recovery image has NOT been identified. Let me think about how we might apply the manual update method using some of the previous versions to see if something could be created without updating the device to the next version. Please see Post #47 http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...p-sytabex7-android-2-2-froyo-5.html#post74771 and then post your "hwver". Also if you could -
Code:
$
$su
#
#getprop ro.build.version.release

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Once agains, thanks a lot; i just root it again, and delete the files that you mention above (data/cache/), it took a little more time that it use to it to start; i would like to update to froyo instead the 2.1 that i have; however i cant understand some of the instructions thats mention on the link, i mean, i understand win7 and can do a lot of things, but i never mess on android os, this is my first tablet; so i really understand the windows instructions already, i will try to do the update as is mention on the link, but it seems a little ........

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
It Works cfrokit, thank thank thank you

I manage to delete the files that you mentioned, and now i can download anything from the slideme market 4.1;

Once again thank you

MuffinTopped

Aug 18, 2011
It Works cfrokit, thank thank thank you

I manage to delete the files that you mentioned, and now i can download anything from the slideme market 4.1;

Once again thank you

Same error. Should I still upgrade with OTG, if I have the 10" model? Is there an OS to use for upgrading? I have all the ius betas downloaded for my 7"s.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
I had that problem, and believe me, what cfrockit told to erase that particular folder its true, try to do it again, you'll have to root the tab first of course in case that you don't have it rooted, follow the instruction, to erase the folder install androot file manager over the market,

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet using android forum

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
also, try to install beta4 os if you have the Sytabex7 version(whitout the hdmi), thats the one os that is working fine, the easy way to do it is via otg, and reinstall the os again

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
IM sorry, the folder to delete is this one; I managed to still have that answer from cfrockit from a private mail:
the folder to delete is /data/dalvick-cache/, don't worry the folder will be create it the next time that you start the tablet, get androot file manager, or root explorer to delete the folder, its under data,