Passphrase to Restore from Titanium Backup Pro

ChrisFSU

Jan 5, 2012
Problem is, I never created a passphrase. Am I S.O.L.? Is there a default passphrase?

When I try and restore, I get " "Please provide your passphrase to process it." every time I try and restore my backup.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I have restored using titanium backup many times and I have never had it ask for a password but I can tell you the developer is very helpful so you might try contracting him.

Sent from my Vizio Tab/ Universal Remote

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
This happened to me with a different program on my PC. My logic was, if I didn't specify one then the field must be blank. So I hit the space bar once and then enter. Worked! Worth a try? Hope that works for you.

ChrisFSU

Jan 5, 2012
I have restored using titanium backup many times and I have never had it ask for a password but I can tell you the developer is very helpful so you might try contracting him.

Sent from my Vizio Tab/ Universal Remote
Thanks! How do I go about contacting him?

DikkieDick

Jun 21, 2011
I encounter the same problem. I backed up all data from my 'old' phone and try to restore it on my new one. And I get also this message that I have to enter a password. Never had that so now I'm unable to restore the data. Any solution?

DikkieDick

Jun 21, 2011
I encounter the same problem. I backed up all data from my 'old' phone and try to restore it on my new one. And I get also this message that I have to enter a password. Never had that so now I'm unable to restore the data. Any solution?

Hmmm, a few seconds later I entered a password which I often use and it restored. Weird as I can't remember having ever set a password in Titanium backup and it also never asked for it when restoring.