Patch online today for wifi connect issue

jasper994

Jul 14, 2011
Dang, that's messed up to say.

Perhaps you are right, but in the few days I have been here I have yet to see him pass on an opportunity to zing someone. It's unfortunate since he stays relatively well informed and often has useful information to give people who are in need. The sad part is that when he gives out information, he generally does so with an insult built into the reply. This is no way to treat people, and my comment was simply meant to give him a small taste of how it feels. I have no desire to start a war of to continue along this path in any way.

Shell558

Jul 20, 2011
i had to factory reset several times and then install the patch before i could connect to wifi. it seems to have worked now, as i have disconnected, rebooted, and still reconnect to wifi. usually it hangs in obtaining ip address loop. keep at it, in case it doesnt work at first. i will update if the poblem starts again. hopes this helps someone.

kierandill

Feb 8, 2011
i had to factory reset several times and then install the patch before i could connect to wifi. it seems to have worked now, as i have disconnected, rebooted, and still reconnect to wifi. usually it hangs in obtaining ip address loop. keep at it, in case it doesnt work at first. i will update if the poblem starts again. hopes this helps someone.

Wow, I hope I don't have to go to that much trouble, but thanks. What I get is it starts to load the update.zip at boot and the progress bar starts, but then immediately the Android icon changes to have a triangle with an exclamation point, then if I leave it for awhile it just reboots.

And for the reading-challenged individual earlier...
$Capture.JPG

jasper994

Jul 14, 2011
So I just finished installing the patch, seems to be working but won't know for sure for at least a day or so. Interestingly enough, however, I can't seem to get the update to 4.010.10 that they recommend installing after the patch... oh well, if it works I'm happy for the moment.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
uPDATED HERE THIS AFTERNOON TO 4.010.40_com_gen1, SWEET AS.

Update was about 37Mb.

pETE

lded21

Jul 2, 2011
I put the patch on my tablet and just get the android with yellow explanation point in triangle - anyone else get this to work>>> There is a ROM out there supposed to be stock 3.0.1 - has anyone rolled back and reupdated?

lded21

Jul 2, 2011
I put the patch on my tablet and just get the android with yellow explanation point in triangle - anyone else get this to work>>> There is a ROM out there supposed to be stock 3.0.1 - has anyone rolled back and reupdated?

OK - well must of been a bad download the first time - this time worked like a charm........after this update I completed the download of 010.10 patch and installed - states successful - will see.....that's what the 3.1 said too. lol

lded21

Jul 2, 2011
Ok it all worked beautifully no more issues......

jasper994

Jul 14, 2011
...and then magically the update was here this morning! Everything seems to be working well again. I'll update in a few days.

jasper994

Jul 14, 2011
Wow, I hope I don't have to go to that much trouble, but thanks. What I get is it starts to load the update.zip at boot and the progress bar starts, but then immediately the Android icon changes to have a triangle with an exclamation point, then if I leave it for awhile it just reboots.

And for the reading-challenged individual earlier...
View attachment 3241

That's what mine did when I tried running the update the first time, and the second time. I found I had two issues, or perhaps only one since I have no way to know at this point if the first was the problem since it still failed until I fixed the second.

1) I tried running the install without a full charge, 95% not 100%. The instructions do tell you to make sure you have a full charge, so check that.

2) I had installed the patch via usb, but pasted it to the SD directory and not the external SD directory. After I had these things squared away the update ran fine.

Best of luck to you.

jasper994

Jul 14, 2011
Okay, so an update to the situation. I patched my A500, and then updated to .10, and everything was running well for a couple of days. Then last night I get home and turn on the A500 and I get the no connection popup. I turned Wi-fi off, then on again and it connects. This morning I had the same problem when I got to my office. Granted this is much better since I don't have to remove the thing from the case or restart, but it's still frustrating given that there were none of these issues before the 3.1 update. The only good thing I have to report about the update is that images are displayed more clearly.

Shell558

Jul 20, 2011
Mine worked fine for a few days after several reboot and five patch installations. Then upgraded to ...10 (US) and now I have to reset my router every time I leave the house with the device. This is a terribly annoying device that I am getting more frustration from than enjoyment.

ahclem

Jul 25, 2011
Mine worked fine for a few days after several reboot and five patch installations. Then upgraded to ...10 (US) and now I have to reset my router every time I leave the house with the device. This is a terribly annoying device that I am getting more frustration from than enjoyment.
That's discouraging. My A500's wifi was typically breaking in a couple of days, before the Patch & new OS. I'm on Day Four... fingers crossed...

Wait a sec. Shell558, are you resetting your router?! Doing most anything at all seems to temporarily fix wifi. But I do something similar to this:

(I do a soft reset of the Acer).
Maybe your issue is a little different than this. But I had/have the problem exactly as shown in the video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shell558

Jul 20, 2011
Thanks. The "soft" reset used to work, but it doesn't now. In fact, I did a factory reset and it still looped. The router reset has worked a few times and I hope it continues to work so I can at least use the device on occasion. All in all, my device seems to be more buggy than most--a few folks have mentioned this issue popping up repeatedly. If I send it to the Acer techs, they will reset and send it back to me only to have it stop working again. Yeah, this is not my best purchase. I just didn't see the reason to buy a higher priced "toy"...but I also assumed it would, at a minimum, work properly. Glad yours is working:)