PdaNet Tablet (Beta)

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011

tabletpdanet.jpg

This is a tablet version of the extremely popular PdaNet software. It allows you to share the Internet access of an Android device with another Android device through Bluetooth. You should install this application on both the tablet and the phone. Then run client mode on a tablet and server mode on a phone. No rooting required. Connection speed should be very fast if your phone has good data service.

PdaNet works by setting the web proxy server on your tablet and route web requests to a Bluetooth DUN service. That means only applications that use web connections will work. On Honeycomb devices PdaNet supports Browser, Gmail and Map. For Android 2.2/2.3 devices PdaNet only supports the Browser app.

chart

If you're on the Verizon network and running Gingerbread this might not work. If you happen to be on Verizon and get this to work, please let us know.
wink.png

beastman

May 8, 2011
I'm on Sprint and it works. With my unfiltered Evo with gingerbread and my rooted viewsonic gtablet running cm7

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

tunafish

Jun 17, 2011
This works nicely on a Galaxy 10.1 bluetooth tethered to my Sprint Hero running Fresh 2.0

It seems that the having the Hero as access point is making servers send silly mobile versions of pages. Is there a way to make that not happen?

beastman

May 8, 2011
The application needed is called Pdanet tablet and is installed on both the phone and tablet. Is there a Pdanet tablet for iphone?

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

beastman

May 8, 2011
I used gmail on your tablet (cm 7 nightly 5-25) which is 2.4.3. I didn't try maps.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

johncblacker

Jul 31, 2011
I've got an EVO 4G Shift on the Sprint network and a Galaxy 10.1 Tablet, each with PDANET Tablet running. It seems to be very flaky and often the pdanet app crashes and I get a pop-up asking if I want to force close or cancel. In either case, I lose my connection. I've also noticed the connection dropping quite often and the distance between my phone and my tablet is minimal (10 ft. max) so it makes it very difficult to use in "prime time." My phone is running Gingerbread 2.3.3, if that makes a difference and is not rooted - but it may be my only solution going forward once a rooting procedure for the 2.3.3 version has been created. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated. I run a small mobile business and would like to use my tablet to monitor the stock market and perhaps enter/exit trades while out on business calls.
Thanks in advance for any helpful ideas.