Pdanet tablet

zsir

Sep 1, 2011
Anyone got pdanet tablet to work for them?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

wolong

Aug 24, 2011
Good question! I'm afraid to try it because I have pdanet android installed on my Epic smartphone for use with my laptop, and am concerned about installing another version of pdanet (tablet version) on the smartphone.
We need to get more VTAB1008 owners in this forum. Where are they?
Bill in Maryland

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
I'm here, Bill. There have to be other vtab owners out there. They must be new to Android and just haven't found this forum yet. btw - I don't know what pdanet is. It sounds cool. What is it?

zsir

Sep 1, 2011
Pdanet gives your tablet 3g internet access teathering via bluetooth through your smart phone

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
Ah, cool. I may have to go that route since Verizon seems to be tracking hacked wifi hotspot apps from rooted Android phones now.

walrus

Dec 16, 2010
I have the wireless teather, and the bluetooh teather thhat use to be in the market. Phone and vtab are paired but I cannot get them to connect. Phone is a rooted droid 1 running gingerbread.

Tcsviz77

Sep 3, 2011
I would comment on this topic but I have an htc evo4g rooted and don't have to worry about this issue. Wifi hotspot up and running, no worries about sprint doing stupid stuff like vzw or any of the others. Lol.

Hemingray

Aug 26, 2011
It works alright on the VTAB, with the server end running on my rooted LG Ally, but it's hardly usable. the only love you get from it is in the browser and any app that knows how to use an HTTP proxy, it's also slow, so pretty much a kludge at best.

Hemingray

Aug 26, 2011
You need to configure the HTTP proxy for it to work (127.0.0.1:1234). It gives you the option to do that right from PDANet tablet.

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
I would comment on this topic but I have an htc evo4g rooted and don't have to worry about this issue. Wifi hotspot up and running, no worries about sprint doing stupid stuff like vzw or any of the others. Lol.

from the Sprint TOS:

Prohibited Network Uses. (vi) for an activity that connects any device to Personal Computers (including without limitation, laptops), or other equipment for the purpose of transmitting wireless data over the network (unless customer is using a plan designated for such usage);

The Mobile Hotspot addon is an additional that costs $29.99 and will be capped at 5 GB starting Oct. 2, 2011. No US carrier allows free tethering, they may not ding you - but it is a TOS violation which can result in additional charges or even termination of your contract.

I wanted to point this out so that anyone who is doing this understands the risks.

Aldroid

Oct 8, 2011
Yep, just added the mobile hotspot service add on to my Sprint account. They got wise I guess. I was using pda net, with my laptop and it worked fine connected via usb.
RIP PDANet for me.