PDF Reader App

mea1453

Jul 4, 2012
Hello Everyone,
I need a pdf reader app with the simple property of being able to create folders and categorize my pdf's. So that they do not float around everywhere. If possible this folder creation should be done while using the tablet. In other words, I would not have to plug in the tablet to computer to add new files. And whenever I download something from internet it should ask me to which folder to put. Anyone, know such an app? It will be appreciated.
Thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

What you are asking can be done very neatly and easily with most of the file managers available. ES File Explorer and File Manager HD are good options. Even the best of the PDF readers I have used are not, as far as I have determined, able to do that from within the reader.

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
In addition to using a good file manager as mentioned above, you may find that the LumiRead app meets most of the needs you have noted above, except the file download operations you describe. The trick may be finding a version that works on your device, or building your own. I don't believe it is available at the Play Store. The app is delivered in flexrom with Acer Iconia tablets. Maybe one of the .apk files here will be compatible with your device: http://code.google.com/p/lumi-read/downloads/list.

LumiRead is a very capable PDF reader, and will automatically find every PDF you download based on the filtering option that you select in the app. It searches the most common places such as the Download folder, the external SD card, etc. You can delete or add folder from the search list. There is a specific filter option for showing only PDF files.

File downloads are typically initiated within a browser, and files downloaded by a user in Android are almost always placed by default in the Download folder. There are some option here also. The Opera Mobile browser prompts when you download files, so you can select the destination folder. It is an excellent browser because it is very stable, very configurable and it works very well with desktop sites on a tablet. You may also find other browsers that provide similar functionality if you look around.

Last edited: