PDF Readers won't go to root directory!

Jun 7, 2011
I have been trying to read some .PDF files on a microSD card, but they will not let me get to the root directory! Is this what "rooting" is about?

Thanks in advance.

Sparky

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

ShroomSJS

Jun 9, 2011
You keep your pdf files in the root directory? I made a folder under the sd card called 'my stuff'.

Anyway what app are you using? I downloaded ezpdf reader. I think it was $2. Very good app so far. I have two large pdf books.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

Jun 7, 2011
No, I don't keep things in my root directory. Adobe Reader, for example, looks for .pdf files in /mnt/sdcard/Download. Beam Reader only looks at /mnt/sdcard/. I keep the .pdf files on my MicroSD card - to get to that I need to go to /Removable/MicroSD/E-Books in order to get to my .pdfs and none of the readers will allow me to go "up" past the /mnt.

I don't completely understand the purpose of the /mnt/sdcard folder - the only "SD" card I have in my Tablet is the MicroSD card. However, there is an "SD" card slot in the Keyboard (I have an Asus Eee Pad Transformer) but if I take them apart, there is no "SD" slot in the Tablet. I guess it is just a folder on the main memory.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sparky