PDN Black Frame Website Update

eDJ

Jun 2, 2012
Hello, I've had my PDN black frame for a few months now. I had heard before I purchased it that there were hacks for it that would render it into a tablet. What I read was promising and I went to You Tube to watch video tutorials of how to root one of these devices. Since, I've joined this site and been reading everything that looks helpful and I finally went back to the Pandigital site to see what was available for updates.

I found that the USA end of the site now is offering a Update that will allow the little device to retain it's eBook reader usefulness and become a tablet as well.

Check this out: (at the bottom under Support/downloads)

Pandigital » Pandigital Novel / ANDROID Tablet Firmware Update

Major Update for Pandigital Novel 7" eReaders

It doesn't say that it is specific for the white or black frame devices.

Anyone have any experience with this download. The site speaks of a PC updater ap too.

Would love to hear your experiences. Sounds like the best of both worlds without the buggs.
I had read earlier that they were working on something like this.

eDJ

Jun 2, 2012
OK, Saturday morning I downloaded the update from the Pandigital site. Put the SD memory card in the desk top wiped it clean and did the download of the zip file.

Then, placed the card in top of the Novel and pressed the Vol + and on button holding them down and counting slowly to 5.

Got a bit of white text on the black screen and I laid it down and let it do it's thing for about 15 minutes to see if it would root.

Well, I picked it up and turned it on regularly and it looked exactly like what is shown on the site. Tablet + the eReader.

Not difficult at all just using the download on the site.

Now I'm wondering about the other goodies the articles (I read) suggest this little tablet can can make use of.

Many are here:

MajorGeeks.com Search Results

Presently I'm wondering which version of the Android that I have so I can download the correct AVG antivirus for what I'm using now.

Any help ???

MadMorgan

Dec 29, 2012
You said it was a zip file but there is just an exe on the site. Could you upload the zip or link to a site that would also have it?