Performing a True Full Reset

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
I used the rom that was linked to in the roms thread. But firefox doesn't run

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Another thing, it was during the process in which the marketplace application updated, which I was no longer able to see firefox in the marketplace. Also I couldn't use the marketplace application to see that firefox was installed.

Oh well =)

~Ivy

jrhua

Jan 31, 2011
Wow, this works great!! I was able to reset the device completely. Thanks a lot.
I bookmark your thread for a future reference. I wish I can post an icon with two thumbs up! :D

Thanks,
JR

Feb 13, 2011
Wuuuhuuuu it worked Thank you guys now i have Swedish language on my S7 instead of English

After i flashed the swedish firmware there's come a pretty annoying music how do i disable that?

Last edited:

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
If you are talking about startup music, most likely it will be in the /system/media. You can either delete it or change it to something nicer. This will require root and to remount system as rw temporarily.

Feb 13, 2011
If you are talking about startup music, most likely it will be in the /system/media. You can either delete it or change it to something nicer. This will require root and to remount system as rw temporarily.

i am talking about the start up music. it's really annoying hehe..

Wuuuhhhuuu i just rebooted my tablet and it disapered :D

I'll check it out thanks

Sorry for my bad english guys

Last edited:

smartin

Jan 31, 2011
I want to step out into ROM flashing, but I have some newbie questions.
Part of me thinks flashing the ROM would leave your data intact (a computer OS update doesn't wipe out data).
However, in this thread, the OP (Peter B.) said he flashed to full reset, which reverted his S7 back to a "fresh from the box" state, leading me to believe that the internal SD memory is wiped clean too.
If I flash to the Singapore ROM, does that effect my apps?
I also clearly don't know enough about how Titanium Backup (Ti B/U) works. I need to clarify before I do any ROM flashing.
I've not read about anyone making a "backup image" to completely return the S7 to a previous state. I assume this isn't an issue because if something goes awry, a ROM flash and Ti B/U will make everything better.
If flashing (or anything else) DOES wipe out my apps, I should hope I can reinstall them using Ti B/U. I imagine that process would mean re-installing Ti B/U from the market, then restoring the apps safely backed up on my SD card (???).
If so (and also--if not), when I re-install them, will I need to re-purchase my paid-for apps?
Thanks for being patient and encouraging with us new guys!
Steve

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Flashing to the Singapore ROM, or any Huawei ROM, wipes all user data. But your FAT partition in the device is left untouched. At least that's what the story is so far.

As for Titanium backup, you can restore your apps one-by-one.

Your paid apps are tied to your Google account, so as long as you log back in with the same one, you wont miss a beat.

You can't really screw up your device with this firmware flash in most scenarios.

smartin

Jan 31, 2011
Thanks so much for the quick reply (just under an hour--what took so long? ;) )

You also said:
Flashing... wipes all user data. But your FAT partition in the device is left untouched.
Reminds me of my partition question! I set out to repartition my internal SD card to use the new Link2SD. I first downloaded and installed Easeus and the S7-Vista drivers onto my PC. I then mounted the S7 to the PC with the external SD removed to ensure I didn't accidentally repartition that one. I launched Easeus on the PC and it showed the S7 SD card as one partition. I was surprised as I expected to see the small partition for apps PLUS the remainder of the drive. The option to "Create" a new partition was not active since the entire drive was already allocated. I found I could re-size the existing partition--making it smaller and leaving 1.5 GB unallocated. Then I could partition that new 1.5 GB section as required by Link2SD. Is this the correct process? Every instruction I've seen has just said, "create a new partition" making it sound like a one-step deal.

Is there any advantage to making the new partition "FAT32" vs "ext2" vs "ext3" vs "ext4?"

After I got to that point, I just canceled (AKA chickened-) out and decided to flash to Singapore ROM first; then work on Link2SD if needed since I'm not currently bumping up against the app space limit.

Bonus question: If/when Android 2.2 upgrade comes out, will the transition be complicated for those who have Link2SD set up?

Thanks!
Steve

bumeranger

Oct 5, 2011
THANK YOU! I just sold my Ideos S7 on ebay, and I did some maintenance to remove my acount info etc from the device. I did this quite roughly and I ended up with a bricked device. It wouldn't go anywhere from the welcome screen,hopefully this solution was perfect!