Permissions within the Android Apps

harleymama

Jun 12, 2011
Has anyone had any problems with the permissions you have to grant on some of these android apps? Looks like you have to accept them or the app cannot be downloaded. Is there a way around this. I really would prefer Google not having access to the information within my tablet!

Another thing: Can you go over to Amazon and download an e-book, charge it there, download it to your main computer, then download to your device. These steps would prevent having to put a credit card number on my device.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
Yes you can transfer books, music, data from your PC to your tab. As far as the permissions, there's an app called Permissions Denied by stericson (a very well known, reputable android developer) that can strip any unwanted permission from an app.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I assume an app is requesting permission to access the resources it needs in order to do the job it's intended to do. If you deny access to those resources you might as well not install the app. i.e. If I deny a browser permission to use my WiFi, how can it display a website for me?