Are you buying the Nexus 7?

• Yes!

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No!

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

WigleysExtra

Jul 8, 2012
I think the Nexus 7 is very good because it allows you to do good stuff.

I couldn't find the correct article, but could someone please tell me how to add an SD card to a Nokia 3310.

Thanks for all your answers!

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
strider_mt2k said:
"good stuff" indeed!

I eagerly await my first Nexus device.

I just saw in another thread that you ordered a Toshiba excite 10"...how many more tablets did you order? :-D

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Not to mention you can also cache the maps for offline use!

I can download up to 80 MB per area of offline map data. If I am completely offline it will show my position in the cached area. They just need to get the ability to give directions if you are in a cached area when offline.

Are there any directions on how to go about caching the maps? I have no idea how to do that but would like to cache all the maps for Missouri and Illinois. And would you have any idea how much space that would take on a SD card?

paulsam7

Aug 29, 2011
I believe I could get away with buying a micro usb to female usb cable and connect a 16gb thumb drive to it and that would give me the added storage I need for photos and videos. Who knows, maybe the microUSB port can host an external HD.
Google confirms that the USB connection will NOT support thumb drives or external HDs. It WILL support mice and USB keyboards.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Last edited:

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Having owned several tablets of varying quality and speed, and watching all the hype on this tablet as it was being released, being that it is now out. I am wondering, as I understand it, this tablet is missing things that you would normally find on android tablets, hardware items.
So things being what they are with it. I wonder if this tablet is everything people thought it would be? That people gave up their other tablets for, that people bragged about before it was ever released?
So for those who have purchased this thing. Is it what it was hyped? Or is it a bust?

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I still think it's a good deal at $199.
If it was $99, I would have bought one by now ;)
But Google needs to understand that Netflix is more important to some tablet users than GMail. Lol.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I still think it's a good deal at $199.
If it was $99, I would have bought one by now ;)
But Google needs to understand that Netflix is more important to some tablet users than GMail. Lol.

why would netflix not work on Nexus 7?

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
why would netflix not work on Nexus 7?

Probably for the same reason it doesn't work on some ICS tablets when it works well on HC and GB tablets. That reason is still unknown to many.....we only know it doesn't work.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Probably for the same reason it doesn't work on some ICS tablets when it works well on HC and GB tablets. That reason is still unknown to many.....we only know it doesn't work.

Interesting, but I am sure netflix works just fine on the nexus 7.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrymagid/2012/06/27/hands-on-with-googles-nexus-7-tablet/

I’ve so far used the device to watch part of a Madmen episode on Netflix and to listen to music stored in my Google locker. I also sent and read email and did a bit of web surfing.

Last edited:

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
It does sound as though it does work. But I think this list is being compiled from member user experience rather than from articles. But I could be wrong.
The 7 sounds like a decent tablet, but I'm personally leery of any device or product that gets god like reviews before it ever hits the shelves.
I do hope for the sake of those that were taken by the hype on this tablet that it is everything it was made out to be, because some people were talking about selling some pretty nice tablets just to buy one of these.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
It does sound as though it does work. But I think this list is being compiled from member user experience rather than from articles. But I could be wrong.
The 7 sounds like a decent tablet, but I'm personally leery of any device or product that gets god like reviews before it ever hits the shelves.
I do hope for the sake of those that were taken by the hype on this tablet that it is everything it was made out to be, because some people were talking about selling some pretty nice tablets just to buy one of these.

The Nexus7 has not hit the shelves yet because they cannot keep them in stock.

Google gave the go ahead to start selling them on 13-Jul. Not to mention users who went to Google I/O had them about 2 weeks before that.

Other than lack of USB, microSD and HDMI, it is a solid device from what I have read at NexusTablets, and Jelly Bean is oh so sweet (I loaded it on my TF101)