PHIREMOD Discussion [ROMS] [Kernels] [Versions]

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
In theory I know that it has been dealt with.
What does this mean in true life?
What differences do you observe in everyday use in comparison to previous releases?How more time before empty battery?

For CM7 according to LocalStain it means double or triple the real world battery life with the same amount of usage. So from 8 hours or so of intermediate usage until a recharge to 2-3 days of intermediate usage before needing a recharge.

JP

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
For CM7 according to LocalStain it means double or triple the real world battery life with the same amount of usage. So from 8 hours or so of intermediate usage until a recharge to 2-3 days of intermediate usage before needing a recharge.

JP

Sounds great! Let's hope v7 comes out soon.

Stig

Jun 9, 2011
I did the upgrade to v7 this afternoon and found that the android market did not work nor could I connect to a WiFi network with a hidden SSID even after its configured. I'm going back to 6.3.

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
My problem with YouTube under 6.3 was fixed by simply shortening the name of the device to "android" under "settings\applications\development\device host name" from "android-$(*&@#%^09827350@)(@*&%" :D

Stig

Jun 9, 2011
I did the upgrade to v7 this afternoon and found that the android market did not work nor could I connect to a WiFi network with a hidden SSID even after its configured. I'm going back to 6.3.

Changed ROM to Cyanogen and can now access hidden WiFi networks no problem.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Did U have this problem with previous Phiremod releases?

My problem with YouTube under 6.3 was fixed by simply shortening the name of the device to "android" under "settings\applications\development\device host name" from "android-$(*&@#%^09827350@)(@*&%" :D
No problem with UT here.
Your problem was with UT app or watching UT videos from within browsers?

RzzaD

Jun 17, 2011
I a running 6.3 and two days ago when I plugged it in it didn't charge. Once I turned it off and plugged it in it will charge but it will not charge if it is on. I am really new at this and any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my Nooo Color using Android Tablet Forum

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
First time I hear this situation.
Are you sure its not a problem of your cable or the wall socket?

RzzaD

Jun 17, 2011
Okay so I am a noob but I didn't think that much of a noob!

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus S using Android Tablet Forum

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
Any new information on Phiremod Nook V7 Test? Has anyone else tried it out? Any news on the testing versus stable version release?

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
It seems to me that Phiremod is a bit forgotten by creator

Sent from Nook Color on Phiremod 6.3 @1.3Ghz

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
I finally made the plunge to upgrade from v6.0 to v6.3. V6.3 is much better. The battery drain issues seem to be fixed with the newer version of CM7 and it is faster. I haven't had any wifi or issues with Market or YouTube. I haven't been on many different wifi networks though.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Imagine to go at latest nightly where the sleep matter is finally resolved and also Usb host is supported.

Sent from Nook Color on Cm7 Nightly 129 @1.350Mhz