Phiremod home button

jdog

Jan 26, 2011
I've done some searching on this and I'm not having any luck. Here's what I'm trying to do....I want the "n" button to perform "back " action when pressed once and with either a long press or double press of "n " I want to go to the home screen. I've modified the key mapping file to set n button as back but I can't seem to figure out a way to make a long or double press go home. Id settle for vise versa. Anyone have any brilliant ideas for this?

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

jdog

Jan 26, 2011
Update: I had just about given up on my idea of simplifying navigation. Then I upgraded to Phiremod 6 and realized it had the functionality I wanted. right out of the box. My whole goal was to be able to do away with Soft Keys and/or Button Savior b/c i felt like there should be a cleaner solution for back/menu/home commands. Phiremod 6's lockable bottom task bar complete with back and menu buttons solves this problem for me. The lockable task bar is pretty slick and I haven't found a full screen program that overrides it yet.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I think we can look forward to that implementation of buttons in lots of ROMs going forward. Thanks devs!