Phiremod + LCD density + oc

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Converted nook color number 10 (for a few friends) and the last 2 times used phirmod 6.2 which I am liking. The last install WA for an older friend so I used LCD density to make it visually easy (220) setting. Now whenever I try to install an of kernel LCD desnity just locks up. Any insights on how to fix this. Worst case he sticks with only 925 MHz. But the extra 400 MHz dies make the experience snappier

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Definately sounds like a kernel issue. Probably something dropped from the new higher OC versions they might not have even though about. Might want to mention to dalingren.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Ok got it to work. All it took was to install overclock kernel through rom manager

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
update on this - i thought it was fixed but when i powered off the nook and powered back on, it reverted by to the lower density. I read somewhere in XDA about editing the build.prop file so i took a chance and used root explorer to open up my build.prop file under /system and sure enough there wasa line for lcd density set at 161. I just changed the value to 220, saved it and now it is back to the resolution i like.

at 220, everything looks a little bigger (almost like the Samsung Galaxy Tab) but i found it much more pleasing to the eye and easier to read

Ok got it to work. All it took was to install overclock kernel through rom manager