Photo Editing App Needed

azdiver

Nov 13, 2011
Am looking for a good photo editing app that will allow me to do a simple edit and save as function to reduce dpi, image size and add copyright stamp for posting to the wed until I get back to home and work on my pics with photoshop.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
What you really want is PS Touch, the new Photoshop app for Android. It is considerably more useful than Mobile or Express.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I believe it is $9.99

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

CarterHayman

Nov 27, 2011
Hey you can also try GIMP, its an open source software but am not sure if they have it on tablet PCs. Its worth checking out though :D

Freedom1

Dec 23, 2011
I too am looking for a simple editing software BUT I need one that does not reduce the size of the photos. So far everything I've tried reduces the size of my photos. Help. If I cannot find anything, I will have to return my tablet as I do not want to shrink my nice photos.

Jan 20, 2012
So, I downloaded Photoshop Express. When I open it, it doesn't find any photos. My photos are on the micro sdhc card. So, I opened settings thinking I could change where the program looks for the photos. Either I am blind, or they just are not there. I cannot find in settings, anywhere to change where the program looks for photos......help please.

john06

Apr 26, 2012
Am looking for a good photo editing app that will allow me to do a simple edit and save as function to reduce dpi, image size and add copyright stamp for posting to the wed until I get back to home and work on my pics with photoshop.

jim4065

May 21, 2012
Hi. I'm just learning GIMP, but they don't have it for Android, Read this thread and decided to try Photoshop Touch on my ASUS. Worked through about a dozen of the tutorials so far and it's very impressive. The only thing I haven't found yet is "Help" - but it may be there. Lots of room for improvement but I sure am becoming an Adobe fan.

weezyrider

Jul 29, 2011
I bought Image Shrink. I usually only take pics for email or SMS. It does shrink the image, but lets you control the appearance. I can tell it to preserve the image dpi and get a smaller but clearer image in email. I shrink to 800X480 which works just fine in Thunderbird on PC. The photo doesn't get fuzzy as it doesn't expand to fill screen. Image Shrink doesn't watermark, but keeps GPS and EXIF tags on option.

I might just check out Photoshop. I use it anyway. A lot of the image editors have "cutesy." I don't want balloons, don't want Squizz or fancy effects, just adjust color and the like settings. And some that are easy to adjust. I found some that trying to use the sliders is a royal pain. The Acers don't have a very good camera - adequate.
Same with the Nexus S. It's not the pixel count - I had a 5MP camera on a Nokia C6 that took a fantastic picture. Not too big of a problem. I usually have a bridge camera with me.

What would be an easy way to download some pics from a Canon SX30 to an A500? I'd like to email some. I also have a Canon 20D.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
But Photoshop only edit by changing colors and modifying images not the usual editing done on PC

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
elsuirad said:
But Photoshop only edit by changing colors and modifying images not the usual editing done on PC

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

If what you are saying is Photoshop Touch is not the equal to Photoshop on the pc, keep in mind no one is going to pay the admission price of photoshop on a tablet, which would likely be twice as much as you paid for the tablet itself. Photoshop Touch is an impressive piece of software that does much more than simple color balance.