Photoshop Touch

ForensicDroid

Dec 8, 2011
Hello...first post. Glad I found this forum.

I was looking at this app in the market and it seems like a great price for an app of this magnitude, but some of the reviews concerned me. When you get through all the rah-rah, "this is the greatest app in the world" reviews, some of them said that they had trouble opening local files. Other reviews said that they couldn't export files locally to the tablet and the only way they could get files back to their computer was through Abode Creative Cloud which is another subscription service. Also there was no .psd support.

All of this to me seems to render the app useless. What's the point of having Photoshop on your tablet if you can't take a .psd that you're working on with your computer, transfer it over to the tablet, work on it somewhere, save it, and transfer it back to work on it when you get home. Or export it from the tab. It all seems counterintuitive.

Does anyone have experience with the app and can shed some light on these concerns?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
One thing I can tell you is you have to export an image, which can be saved to the camera folder on your tablet. It takes a little getting used to the whole importing - exporting way it deals with files. Until you export an image out of Photoshop Touch you won't be able to see it in the Gallery app.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Hope I said that clearly, you definately can export (save) a touched up image from the Photoshop Touch app to your tablet without the need for their cloud service.

ForensicDroid

Dec 8, 2011
Ok, but what kind of files can be saved on the tab? Can the app save in .psd format so I can transfer to my computer and work on the file there and vice versa? Or does it only allow saving in .jpg or some other format?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
You can, with their cloud service, export to photoshop on your PC layered projects you've created in Photoshop Touch and continuee working on them, but it doesn't seem to work the other way which makes sense because the Touch app couldn't possibly support every function of the PC app.

ForensicDroid

Dec 8, 2011
Ok, thanks. I don't really know if it's worth it without being able to do that. Mostly layering is the kind of work I do on photoshop and without that option it makes no sense. Thanks for the info.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
My pleasure, and I really haven't had a lot of time to play with the app, and since it is a new release they may well improve it and add functionality over time. I will say it seems to be the best photo editor yet available for working strictly with Android.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using droid Tablet Forum