Physical reset on Coby Kyros 7127

Jan 9, 2012
Hi there, I tried to install the Android Market using daprospecta's video on Youtube. When I get to "Complete action using..." I selected Setup Wizard (and checked default!) instead of Launcher. Now it keeps saying "The application Setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpecedly. Please try again." I hit force close and it keeps doing this over and over again. The reset button hole on the side only shut it down and brought me right back to force close. Please help. Any way to do a physical reset and make it like it came out of the box? Thanks. MID 7127 not rooted.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
You need a factory reset or firmware retoration, the reset button is only a hardware reset, like the one present in most computers, it doesn't fix any problem with system files.

You can try to use adb to remove the files you have installed (if you don't know what adb is, look for more info about it and Android SDK) while connecting your tablet to the computer via USB.

Firmware Recovery mode is known to be broken on 8125 and 1125 models, maybe it doesn't work on 7127 using the hardware buttons as well, but even if it is you can do this using fastboot (also needs to connect the tablet to computer using USB). Look for tutorials about how to enter recovery mode and perform a factory reset for 8125 and 1125, probably it works the same way with 7127.