Picassa for android

Sirexgigas

Aug 10, 2012
Hi, I have used picassa on my pc laptop for some time and find it the best photo editor I have come across. I particularly like the ability to select edited pictures into the sequence i want then export them to a new folder which I then use to present the photos. I don't use web albums, I like to keep my photos on my computer.

Please does anybody know if the android version of picassa has has the same above facility as the pc version.

Thanks, Alan

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum Alan

There isn't an actual Picassa app for Android but there are a few Picassa tools on the Store and most are free so you may want to try them out. My suggestion is that you install QuickPic and try it out as you may really like how it works. It's a favorite of people with lots of images.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I like MultiPicture LiveWP which syncs with Picasa using the Picasa plugin allowing for rotating wallpapers. A good way to have a tablet picture frame. Not really an editing tool but still nice way to sync and see your pics :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Alan, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hey, I'm new to Android!! Can someone tell me do I need an AVG for my tablet. Thanks in advance :) :) :) :)

Tough question. Should you have some sort of protection? probably, do you need it? maybe not- if you practice safe surfing. There are some known malware bits floating around so I say better safe than sorry. There are a ton of very good AV apps including Lookout, AVAST and other - but I use AVG free.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011

booter101

Aug 9, 2012
Hey spider thanks, have another problem I believe the new update of 4.0 ice cream sandwich is available i really want this new update for the archos tablet I cheaked my device for the latetest update and it was available .. it downloaded the 4.0 but the problem is I do not know how to install this new firmware as it is a PDF file. Do I have to pay for this or what?? I also believe there is a newer up at of 4.01 this enables Skype.. to be honest I have never opened a PDF file ever, I really want this update as the new features are great.. can you help and advise me on this..
Thanks
On the apple products its a straight forward update,

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
On the apple products its a straight forward update,

Hey booter, it's normally a a straight forward update on Android as well and you wouldn't have to pay for it. I'd suggest you click this link to the Archos Tablets forum. Check the threads already posted to see if the update is already being discussed and join in if you have any questions. If it's not already posted, start a new thread to find out what's going on. A PDF file is a document file, so I'm not sure what that's all about myself. Hopefully the Archos folks will be able to get you on the right track. Good luck!.