Picked up my 10.1 4G

jsuber

Jul 31, 2010
I got the gun metal grey and the buttons are now ln the left side and 4g sim card slot on top right. Works pretty good so far. Sucked in all my apps from market that I bought for my wifi 10.1 and 7.0. Love the ability to just get up and go right from the other tab

klindsay1824

Jun 10, 2011
Ok here's todays dumb question - I've got Galaxy Tab 10.1 wifi -always on with mifi - what are the additional benifits of 3/4G - obviously not a 10.1 phone?

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
You have a phone.....make call send SMS which you can not do easily over WiFi because you need a carrier and 4g is why faster the WiFi....
need more?

klindsay1824

Jun 10, 2011
Myfi seems to work real fast for me and I make calls and sms on a little mobile I keep in my pocket - not sure I'd want to be seen holding a 10.1 Tab to my ear? Surely there must be more to it than a very big phone for the huge price hike?

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
You have a point...that's what everyone said when I bought my Dell Streak 5". But what I meant was now that the tablet has a phone it also has a data line connected with it...WiFi is not always free nor there when you need to access the internet or stream movies or send or receive SMS.
It just has more abilities in that case.
Also a Bluetooth head set would stops you from having to cover your face with a 10' table when making a call....

klindsay1824

Jun 10, 2011
Maybe Mifi is different in the UK because obviously it is with a National carrier and as long as the dongle is charged up I can create a wifi hotspot wherever I am so long as their is 3G network coverage (which would be no different to the sim being in the Tab) - there is a sim in the Mifi dongle - with PAYG there are no surprises either. With this functionality it seems crazy to pay such a premium for a 3G 10.1 Tab?

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
you can do this with wifi

text+ for sms

grooveIP or Tango for free voice and video calls
Skype is also a good option

wifi is faster than 4G - but it depends on the service provider- i.e. at home my comcast is way faster than 4G - 4G gives you convenience of not having to carry anotehr device

You have a phone.....make call send SMS which you can not do easily over WiFi because you need a carrier and 4g is why faster the WiFi....
need more?

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
Sorry.....I thought you were from the States...When you say a "dongle" are you talking about those portable hotspot that the service providers sell? Then yes I agree in not having to spend the extra cash.
Cheers..

jsuber

Jul 31, 2010
The advantage of my 4G 10.1 is that it is really really fast on the 4 G network. I do not like the buttons on the sides since I have really big hands. Its a nuisance seem to always be hitting the volume down button.
$72317109.png

Last edited:

Bobo2000

Aug 8, 2011
Well 3G/4G is useful when Wifi is not around, it's faster than Wifi, but the only downside is that Wifi needs to be used for gigantic files.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Well 3G/4G is useful when Wifi is not around, it's faster than Wifi, but the only downside is that Wifi needs to be used for gigantic files.

Beg to differ wifi is typically much faster than 3g - but that depends on you service provider - mine pulls down 20mbps while 3g or 4g tops out at 14

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

broseph23

Aug 13, 2011
My Verizon LTE tab 10.1 is blazing fast. I avg about 25 down and 7 up and have seen higher speeds between 45-55 down at times. That usually happens in this one area near my house I love it!

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Android Tablet Forum