Picked up the G Tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

CenFlo

Dec 23, 2010
And I really like, much better than the Cruz T301 cheapo.

I've already rooted it and loaded TnT Lite V 3.1.0

So far so good, the 10" screen is nice and I like the feel of this tablet very much.

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
I am interested in this tablet. Please post updates on how you like/dislike the tablet.

CenFlo

Dec 23, 2010
So far it's miles above the Cruz cheapo. With the devs working on the ROMs and such it's going to be a nice piece of equipment that gets better and better.

Jan 15, 2011
There doesn't seem to be a way to save images from the web with the Viewsonic G-tab.

I can save images from email attachments, and, of course, I can save camera shots that I take with it, but there doesn't seem to be any way to save images from the internet. Also, I don't see any way to use images as wallpapers.

My G-tablet is NOT ROOTED, by the way. I have had no real issues at all with the device, even though it's unrooted. With the recent December update, it plays flash perfectly fine, and browsing is generally a pleasure with it.

ANY IDEA ABOUT THE IMAGE SAVING ISSUE THAT I'M HAVING OR THE WALLPAPER ISSUE? DOES IT REQUIRE ROOTING TO USE IMAGES AS WALLPAPERS?

CenFlo

Dec 23, 2010
There doesn't seem to be a way to save images from the web with the Viewsonic G-tab.

I can save images from email attachments, and, of course, I can save camera shots that I take with it, but there doesn't seem to be any way to save images from the internet. Also, I don't see any way to use images as wallpapers.

My G-tablet is NOT ROOTED, by the way. I have had no real issues at all with the device, even though it's unrooted. With the recent December update, it plays flash perfectly fine, and browsing is generally a pleasure with it.

ANY IDEA ABOUT THE IMAGE SAVING ISSUE THAT I'M HAVING OR THE WALLPAPER ISSUE? DOES IT REQUIRE ROOTING TO USE IMAGES AS WALLPAPERS?

I would definitely recommend rooting your tablet and installing one of the dev's ROMs. The tablet is so much better rooted, it opens it up and allows much more functionality.

Couldn't tell you on any of the issues that you're having with the images or wallpaper.

georgeB

Dec 19, 2010
My wife is using her three week old gTab (not rooted) and loves it. She has no complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.