Picking a tablet

TDUBS219

Jan 2, 2013
Hey,

I'm currently stuck on what to go with. I recently got money for Christmas and really wanting a tablet. My main focus has been the 16GB Nexus 7 as their specs are really good. My friend has personal experience with it and highly recommends it. I know there's a lot more better ones out there, but my budget is only $260 (no more). I've also looked at the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 but he told me that "Gingerbread" is terrible. He said to go with one that has "Jellybean" installed on it. I don't need anything massive, just something I can take with me places to do normal internet browsing, apps, etc. I did have the iPod Touch 4th Generation and it did what I wanted, but I want to expand further into something nicer like a tablet.

So all in all, I'm confused as what to get. Is Gingerbread better than Honeycomb (Galaxy Player 4.2) as some say, or what? I don't want to spend my money on something that'll be crap in the long run. Can someone recommend me some tablets in my price range or tell me if it's worth getting the Galaxy Player 5.0 or the 4.2?

Thanks!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Get a tablet that either comes with jellybean or has a jellybean update.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
More details would be nice. Do you recommend a certain tablet?
Lenovo A2109, is the tablet I would recommend, however there is nothing wrong with the nexus 7. For you less than $250 those two tablets are hard to beat.

TDUBS219

Jan 2, 2013
Lenovo A2109, is the tablet I would recommend, however there is nothing wrong with the nexus 7. For you less than $250 those two tablets are hard to beat.

Yeah, I'm really wanting the Nexus 7 16GB but they're literally out of stock at Staples, Office Depot, Game Stop, Best Buy, etc. in my location.