Picture of A500 docking station and remote control

wmunn

Apr 25, 2011
Looks like Acer is shooting for the home entertainment center crowd with the upcoming docking station. It is rumored to come with a remote control and an HDMI output port for connection to your television at home.
$acer-dock.jpg

sigsauer33

Apr 27, 2011
I'm sorry but that is lame and ugly. Not to mention that there seems to be no style or portability there. As a marine that would be a pain to bring with me on my next deployment.

garbagecanman

Apr 3, 2011
I'm sorry but that is lame and ugly. Not to mention that there seems to be no style or portability there. As a marine that would be a pain to bring with me on my next deployment.

Looks great to me and does look stylish and perfect for at "HOME" what it was made for..... And if you want portable just take ur A500 and use the mini HDMI port and you dont need to take this with u...

DForbes

Apr 25, 2011

Come on marine, overcome / adapt :) I must be gettin old, couldnt even imagine having this kind of technolgy not alone actually having the internet when I was in. The best intertainment wile deployed was watching old vhs movies and listening to my hi tech sony walkman.

But yeah, your right pretty ugly :)

Dennis

sigsauer33

Apr 27, 2011
Come on marine, overcome / adapt :) I must be gettin old, couldnt even imagine having this kind of technolgy not alone actually having the internet when I was in. The best intertainment wile deployed was watching old vhs movies and listening to my hi tech sony walkman.

But yeah, your right pretty ugly :)

Dennis

HAHA well it is 2011 and granted not all units over there have internet in the rooms but there is always a internet connection, just not wireless.

garbagecanman when you deploy that is your "home" i will for sure be brining my dock when i get one out with me. not that there is anything too wring with it, it just seems a little plain and looks like a ramp, i would think they would make it a little more sleek like the following:

Ipad Docking Station Speakers | iPad and Tablets

PadDock 10 Multi Functional iPad Docking Station |Gadgetsin

but then again everyone looks for a product for their own different reasons. I think it is a good start but i cant wait to see what else comes out.

wmunn

Apr 25, 2011
If this has a power plug, and charges while sitting in the dock, I am ok with that.

That being said, I already ordered the protective case, which has a built in kickstand setup, so it's great for using the device propped up on the go. If the new dock does NOT charge, I will be skipping it entirely. I can already attach a small rollup USB keyboard if I want to, or even a full sized if typing for extended periods of time. The remote holds no interest for me.

I am sure there are those out there, who's opinion will differ from mine. I posted the picture just to let folks see whats coming up.

sigsauer33

Apr 27, 2011
Ok i am about to stick my foot in my mouth here. After having bashed this docking station before, i am here to take that back. At frist glance of the picture above i thought tha tthe dock was as big as the A500, but then after doing som more research i found the following pictures and am not taking back my above comments.

A500 Docking Station with Audio Remote LC.DCK0A.001 - Acer Direct

This actually seems like a very nice dock now that it is much smaller than i assume it was.