Picture quality on nexus 7 tablet....

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by theshnizzle, Jan 14, 2013.

1. theshnizzle

theshnizzle Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nexus 7
    I am trying hard to like my tablet, it's not my first android device,I own the Samsung tab 7.0 and a ipad 3. Oh, and a Asus tf101. But I have read so much about how amazing the display is on the nexus and I am just not seeing it. When I watch my TV shows on it,the people in the background don't look sharp,they look a bit fuzzy but the people in the foreground look sharp enough.

and I have noticed wherever there is a scene with a lightbulb or sunshine coming in through a window, it seems to wash out everything around it to a small degree. When I go from viewing the nexus to the ipad,the difference becomes that much more apparent. ( not an apple fan zooid btw...)

is there a setting I can go to or a free app I can DL to bring up the sharpness on my nexus 7 tablet? I don't notice this issue on any of my other tablets,just the nexus.

Any feedback or ideas are much appreciated....

2. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    Welcome shnizzle. Not sure where you read about the amazing display on the Nexus 7. It has a good display but not great and the price reflects that. 1280 x 800 IPS at 216 PPI is on the good end of standard for 7" tablets and is shared by the Kindle Fire, Nook Color/Tablet, etc. It is also commonly reported that the screen looks washed out. Sorry to hear your had a missimpression of the Nexus 7, perhaps you were thinking about the Nexus 10 screen which has amazing specs.

JP