PimpinStien tweak script v1

pimpinez

Jun 4, 2012
PimpinStien V2 - Create a txt file name it cpu remove the file extension(delete .txt) place it in your xbin folder on your tablet. Then give the file excute permissions, open up terminal emu type su then press enter, type cpu press enter and enjoi.
Please use
Conservative
Deadline
Profiles i suggest: Battery-60mhz/800mhz, UI Butter-264mhz/960mhz, Performance-600mhz/960+mhz

#!/system/bin/sh
#Credits:
# pikachu01@ xda
# iandol @ xda
# zacharias.maladroit
# voku1987
# collin_ph@xda
# zeppelinrox @ xda
# Google.com
# Vampirefo
# Feiyu
# xda-developers.com
# Too Many to list
echo Mounting Device as R/W...
busybox mount -o remount,rw -t auto /system;
busybox mount -o remount,rw -t auto /data;
busybox mount -o remount,rw -t auto /sys;
#
echo Applying Conservitive Tweaks...
echo "40" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/conservative/up_threshold
echo "10" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/conservative/sampling_down_factor
echo "11" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/conservative/freq_step
echo "8192,10240,12288,64256,98048,128512" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree;
#
echo Optimizing Non-Rotating Storage...
# Optimize non-rotating storage;
LOOP=`ls -d /sys/block/loop*`;
RAM=`ls -d /sys/block/ram*`;
MMC=`ls -d /sys/block/mmc*`;
NAN=`ls -d /sys/block/nan*`;

for j in $LOOP $RAM $MMC $NAN
do
echo "0" > $j/queue/rotational;
done

echo Applying Deadline Tweak...
if [ -e $j/queue/iosched/fifo_batch ];
then
echo 1 > $j/queue/iosched/fifo_batch;
fi;
#
echo Remounting Device Noatime/Nodiratime...
# Remount all partitions with noatime
for k in $(busybox mount | grep relatime | cut -d " " -f3)
do
sync
busybox mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime $k
done

#if mounting is not successful then manual mounting will do the thing for you
mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime auto /
mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime auto /dev
mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime auto /proc
mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime auto /sys
mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime auto /mnt/asec
mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime auto /system
mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime auto /data
mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime auto /cache
mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime auto /mnt/sdcard
mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime auto /mnt/secure/asec
mount -o remount,noatime,nodiratime auto /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure
# END
echo Script Ran Succesfully
#

Last edited:

pimpinez

Jun 4, 2012
Updated to v2
removed some tweaks and fixed some folder locations specific to our tablets
changed minfree to 32mb,40mb,48mb,64mb,128mb,256mb
switched to noop because it supposedly can save the most battery
Changed the ondemand settings to perform like min/max because our kernel sucks and every governor is broken.
thats it really enjoy!! i been playing dead trigger and asphalt 7 all day >.< wish ea games would support the mali400!

Last edited:

pimpinez

Jun 4, 2012
Is there any way to get an idiot explanation of what this actually does? LOL
It says everything Lol... basically it mounts as read/write so it can edit the files in the directories. after that it modifies the ondemand governor to step up from 264mhz to 960mhz when the cpu load hits 50% then it modifies the down stepping to every 5th check stays at 960mhz for about 6 seconds with no user input before droping cpu back down to 264mhz(this helps like if your looking at settings within a app and didnt touch the screen for a few seconds so the ui wont be laggy. then it adjust the memory managment of android im still testing and i dont think 256 is high enough because mine gets laggy when it uses about 600mb of ram. After that it flags the flash memory as non-rotational because we dont use hard drives(like our pc's) after that it changes the cache buffer sizes to 2048kb to help with i/o request. Then it disables i/o stats because the common users dont use it and it uses cpu cycles. after that it applys tcp tweaks but im not sure if they really help lol i just pulled them from many of the other tweak scripts available. After its all said and done it remounts the device as noatime/nodiratime to help save your flash memory from the os writing to it to much? i think.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Some questions:

Wouldn't conservative be a better choice for governor than ondemand?
Do these changes persist through reboots or does the script need to be run each time?
What do you mean when you say the governors are broken in the kernel?

pimpinez

Jun 4, 2012
Some questions:

Wouldn't conservative be a better choice for governor than ondemand?
Do these changes persist through reboots or does the script need to be run each time?
What do you mean when you say the governors are broken in the kernel?

conservative would probably work good; however, i use my tablet for gaming mostly and ondemand scales up almost instantly so i get no ui lag. its also better then running at 960mhz all the time like performance, fantasy, interactive do. interactive is broken and locks at 960 and ondemand is capped at 2000000ms as well as conservitive(need kernel tweaks) for cpu checks(sampling rate) so it doesnt scale loads well they both lacks settings that can only be added by kernel developers. userspace is useless and should be removed i will look into tweaking the conservative because its the only governor that scales out of our selections. i just dont like UI lag and ondemand scaled within one finger swipe where as conservative seems to take 3+ to smooth out.
This script is a work in progress so if you have any other ideas let me know!
oh yea and you have to run the script every boot unless you are using a rom with int.d support and place it in that folder.

edit-i probably will make the switch to conservitive i just needed to get my old script updated because it was hella bad and wrongly coded

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Create a script that can run through ADB (for users of Livesuit) or a flashable zip (for users of Clockworkmod) that includes:

adb shell mkdir /system/etc/init.d
adb shell chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d

Then inject your script into that directory. That should enable the script to automatically run on reboot. Since your script likely will only function for rooted users, it's not really necessary to mention that you have to be rooted for this to work.

pimpinez

Jun 4, 2012
you can make some zips im lazy mate! i like running my scripts through term emu, because i always have issues with int.d scripts values not always sticking after boot.