Pipo U1 Custom Roms like Cyanogenmod

jackharvest

Jul 20, 2012
Does anyone have their Pipo U1 running something other than the stock rom? I dumped my Elf II tablet (that LCD screen was just awful) but enjoyed the custom roms that were made for it.

With the Pipo U1 being the best bang for the buck in what it offers, I'm surprised the selection is as hard to find / sparse as it is.

Any input would be lovely.:)

jackharvest

Jul 20, 2012
im with you about that.
same problem and i have no sucsses instaling drivers on my computer
which mean i cant root which mean i need a rooted custom rom badly.

there is this awsome guy that work on a custom rom but it have some bugs yet:
(ROM)GENERICKMOD JB4.1CWMZIP FOR PIPO U1,MAX M11 - SlateDroid.com

Yeah, I saw that one, but it looked a little incomplete. I find it peculiar that the Elf II and other no-name brands have such major support behind them, while a superior tablet like the Pipo U1 has very little.

Oh well, time will have to be the teller on this one.

yoo4yoo

Oct 19, 2012
Yeah, I saw that one, but it looked a little incomplete. I find it peculiar that the Elf II and other no-name brands have such major support behind them, while a superior tablet like the Pipo U1 has very little.

Oh well, time will have to be the teller on this one.

check the link again,
he release a new version,
and it work for me beter that the stock rom,
the only problem is the battery indicator,
the tablet charge okay but to see the real baterry status i need to restart,
i can live with that.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Greetz,

The thing is... its not 100% name based, yours is a RockChip 3066 or RK3066 and ainol was using AMlogic SoC M6

Rockchip never opened their source so building is a task at times while amlogic did open the source.

In essence if it runs on the elf 2, it will run on any AMlogic device like aurora 2, crystal, ramos, fire, and the list goes on of amlogic devices you just swap boot.img in the flash per each device to get them going, the same applies to the RK3066 which I own 3 google TV SoC's powered on the RK3066 which is a superior chipset to amlogic in most cases mainly gaming, I have no real issues on rk3066 running my own modified rom.

Maybe a developer will pick a tablet up, if not then it may never be developed upon, I'll gladly make a rom if you want to donate a device specific to the pipo.