PIPO U1 Rejects My 32GB Micro SDCard...

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
The specifications for the PIPO U1 state it is compatible for an SDCard maximum of 32GB.

I purchased a SanDisk 32GB MicroSD Class 4. It was then loaded with .avi movie files using my WinXP computer. When inserted in the U1, it was recognized, but would not allow any of the movie files to be played using the standard PIPO Video player or the more advanced Mobo Video Player Pro from the Play Store.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this problem and whether it might be solved by using a class 10 SDCard?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Would not allow movies to be played needs a little more explanation. Is it giving you an error? Can the files be opened with Mobo?

I don't remember if Mobo is one of them but some players don't see AVI files well. You may want to test MX Player if it's a problem with actually playing the files.

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
Would not allow movies to be played needs a little more explanation. Is it giving you an error? Can the files be opened with Mobo?

I don't remember if Mobo is one of them but some players don't see AVI files well. You may want to test MX Player if it's a problem with actually playing the files.

The .avi files work OK when loaded onto a 16GB Micro SDCard. When loaded onto the 32GB Micro SDCard, there were no error messages, the files simply did not launch from the video players.

I have been working on this problem since my original post and found a way to get the movie files working. Instead of using the video players to launch a movie, I used the "Explorer" app. Once I got a movie to launch using the explorer to "show it the way", I was able to get the video players to work normally with the files on the 32GB Micro SDCard. Perhaps Android was used to finding files on the 16GB Micro SDCard and got a little confused when it found 32GB instead of the original 16GB of installed RAM. T'is a puzzlement...