Play MKV

cmcooper

Sep 20, 2011
So far...

Only player to work with mkv files so far I found is DICEplayer with chip set patch.

Get it from market.

Anyone else found a free one yet?

PavtubeVideo

Aug 18, 2011
you also can use qq player, it's free in android market, it can play some mkv videos

mkv is a container format, it can contain different audio and video codec, media players also have audio or video limitation, so we can't make sure all the mkvs can be played well by media players

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
So far...

Only player to work with mkv files so far I found is DICEplayer with chip set patch.

Get it from market.

Anyone else found a free one yet?

I use MoboPlayer

Sent from Wicced's ROOTED Acer a100 16GB Honeycomb 3.2

cmcooper

Sep 20, 2011
HI, not sure if MoboPlayer has HW support?

I did try a few players and software decode sucks on 6GB MKV's... Thats why the Diceplayer worked for me as it has HW support.

;-)

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
HI, not sure if MoboPlayer has HW support?

I did try a few players and software decode sucks on 6GB MKV's... Thats why the Diceplayer worked for me as it has HW support.

;-)

Hmm.. I never came across HW formats yet, all my movies are either 1080p mkv or 720p mkv and a few avi

Sent from Wicced's ROOTED Acer a100 16GB Honeycomb 3.2

murdock1080p

Sep 15, 2011
ok so I am not some computer wiz however I feel pretty confident that if I have a problem I can fix it. that being said there are sometimes when I just want things to work without having to fix it. dice player with the tablet update works perfectly with several different mkvs that I threw at it. in fact I was able to play the movie from my sd card. (press the menu in the upper left corner click settings then scroll down to media folder and type in /mnt/sdcard2)

the other two players listed mobo and qq did not work perfectly "out of the box" if anyone can give a little extra details on how to get those programs to work I would greatly appreciate it as I am not eager to pay for the unlock on dice player yet.