Play Store crash..Anybody please help..

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
hi. i'm new here. i've been reading a lot of stuff here about getting the Google Play up and running. i think i was able to root my tab in the right manner because i already have the Superuser icon after reboot.

but my problem is, i installed the Play Store app (so have the white bag icon here) but it just keeps on crashing everytime i try to open it. like when i tap the icon, it will just show the gray background and ''loading'' for a sec then goes back to the laucher. i already did factory reset (since i still don't have important files to back up yet), then tried to reinstall Play Store, but same thing happens.

please someone shed some light on this matter..
thank you very much in advance! :eek:

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
oh i see.. :) but do i need to flash my tab or something like that? or i'll just install ClockworkMod and download the link you gave to make Play Store running properly..?

thanks for the reply mr. traveller.. :)

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Flash your tablet? No. But you do want to uninstall that Play Store app you installed before you install the Google apps package.

Install ClockworkMod using the tools and links provided in the thread titled "READ FIRST - Development Index and Root Utility" found at the top of the Generation 3 Development forum. Make sure you READ IT, not skim it. Then put the Google apps package on your MicroSD card, boot into ClockworkMod, and install the package using the "Update from zip" function in CWM. From there, reboot.

P.S. Skip the "Mr." It's just "Traveller".

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
ok i'll read it first.. :) i hope i can do it right this time..
i'll post again once i get it done.

thank you again, traveller.. :)

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
hi traveller, i went to the post about Google apps package and i believe that the series of numbers listed as the files names are the build numbers, right? unfortunately, i wasnt able to find my Coby's build number which is 20120701. my tab's version is 4.0.3

thanks!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The numbers on the Google apps packages are the dates those packages were built. If you're trying to match the build date of the apps package with the date of the ROM on your tablet it will never happen. In fact, the build date of the files on your tablet means absolutely nothing.

Download the 20120429 Google apps package as I said earlier, and install it.

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
Based upon what you have said, you only installed the app itself, and none of the support files. Install the 20120429 complete package from Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps using ClockworkMod.

i saw this right after i posted my last message. sorry about that..;)

btw, i already have the ff: utility (cobyADB), recovery images (from CW recovery and system dumps), and the Google Apps package.

i did extract the utility, renamed the images and copied them to the ''data'' folder of the utility (cobyADB).
i also copied the GAPPS in the MicroSD.
then what i did is run the adb.exe (which i really dont know if it was correct)
when i run that, it just showed a black screen filling it out with commands then the black screen disappeared.

now i don't know what am missing.
i'm not a technical person but am really trying hard to make this work.
thank you for the patience and quick responses..
they're very much appreciated. :)

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
yes i did that..i also did system dumps, then recovery.
it says ClockworkMod is already installed then proceed to reboot the tab.
but then, nothing new happened..

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Considering I wrote the batch file I highly doubt it's going to say anything except "ClockworkMod Recovery Installed". If, however, CWM is already installed, the two finger salute (hold down Volume - and Power) should get you into ClockworkMod so you can install the Google apps. The reboot recovery command in the batch file is for some reason not being cooperative.

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
yes i noticed that too. after it was installed, i just used the ''b'' command to reboot my device. :)

when is the right time to hold those buttons?

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
i've been trying over and over and over again but i can't pull up the recovery..

btw, does it have to do something with this?
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...09-cw-recovery-v6-0-1-1-coby-7042-8042-a.html

i did not input those commands because i honestly dont know where to type those in and besides, in your installation instructions, you only said there to copy and rename the recovery image. that's what i only did then run the utility. :)

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The sequence may be different for the 8042. Try volume-, power, and back, all held down at the same time. And don't have your AC adapter plugged in when doing this. Plug it in once you're in recovery.

Now...if you followed my instructions you downloaded CWM, renamed it "cwm_recovery.img" and placed it in the data directory. Then you ran the utility which should have installed CWM.