Play Store crash..Anybody please help..

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
OMG! i ws able to pull up the recovery and update from zip. :) i wont go this far without your help, traveller. :)
hmmm..do i need to see an icon for Google apps since it's already installed?
and btw, i went to file manager and it's giving me the error '' SD card empty, unmounted or not present.''

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Did you format the card? If so, was it formatted as FAT32 or NTFS?

If the apps were properly installed, they should appear in the app drawer. If they didn't install, then most likely you DON'T have CWM installed.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
FAT32 is fine. Android doesn't read NTFS formatted cards, which is why I asked. This means you need to double-check and make sure ClockworkMod is installed as your recovery. After doing that, try installing the Google apps package again.

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
what's the indication that i already installed CWM?

this is how it looked like when i boot into recovery and installed the GAPPS package.. :)

$SAM_2941.JPG

is this correct?:confused:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
That's the stock recovery. ClockworkMod recoveries look similar, being based on the stock recovery, but are clearly marked as being ClockworkMod in the lower left corner. Therefore you need to install ClockworkMod recovery.

Last edited:

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
this time i'm sure i have CWM installed properly.. :)
i renamed the images as "cwm_recover.img.img" and i think that messed it all up..
phew...but with the GAPSS properly installed, am not sure about that.. :D

$SAM_2945.JPG$SAM_2946.JPG

you are a great guide.. :)

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
well, thank you so much..!!! :) i didn't have any idea how to do any of these..goodthing i came across your forum and you helped me through it all the way. I coudn't be thankful enough. :)

i'll be looking forward to your updates.
i want to learn more about this. :)

thanks again, traveller! :eek:

Last edited:

Russ450

Mar 11, 2012
Hello, Manekineko and welcome to Android Tablets Forum. I will need for you to make sure you have rooted your device. Rooting the device will enable you to expand the device, while running the device as administrator. If you have not rooted the device, do so, if you do not root the device, your device will crash and will erase the OS. Rooting the device will not do this type of action. If your device crashes, you must perform a hard reset, as this problem has happened to me. Please reply on more information on this factor, as I want for everybody to have a great Android experience. For Your Information (FYI), you can also install the Amazon App Store, as well as Google APK files for the application that you are wanting to install/purchase, as you can install free applications that you need to buy, just by googling what you need. Hope you get this issue resolved!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Hello, Manekineko and welcome to Android Tablets Forum. I will need for you to make sure you have rooted your device. Rooting the device will enable you to expand the device, while running the device as administrator. If you have not rooted the device, do so, if you do not root the device, your device will crash and will erase the OS. Rooting the device will not do this type of action. If your device crashes, you must perform a hard reset, as this problem has happened to me. Please reply on more information on this factor, as I want for everybody to have a great Android experience. For Your Information (FYI), you can also install the Amazon App Store, as well as Google APK files for the application that you are wanting to install/purchase, as you can install free applications that you need to buy, just by googling what you need. Hope you get this issue resolved!
Manekineko, I recommend ignoring this post. This poster has an earlier tablet that has or had firmware issues our tablets do not have. Plus, the possibility exists that this is a zombie account.

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
hi traveller..well..it's me again..:p

hmmmm...i can't seem to install the GAPPS though CWM said that it's already installed..
they're not in my apps drawer.

i followed your instructions to put the GAPPS.zip in the MicroSD and apply update from zip using CWM. :confused:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
When you rebooted after the install, did you wipe data and caches before rebooting? Also, when you did reboot, was there a prompt about Android updating its files?

In any case, download the Google apps package again, copy it again, and install it again (choose zip from SDCard, NOT update.zip). Wipe caches. Reboot.

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
oh..i didn't know those steps.. :D

i'll try it again.. :)

----> i dowloaded the gapps again.copied to sdcard and installed it again...but it's still not there. and there was no prompt that Android is updating.. :(

Last edited: