Play Store crash..Anybody please help..

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Humor me here.

Download the updated version of the root utility and unzip it where you unzipped the previous version, then make a system dump. I'm thinking you may have an issue with busybox which is preventing you from installing the Google apps. Running the system dump will replace the busybox on your tablet with the one in the updated root utility.

After the system dump, try installing the Google apps again. Also don't hesitate to try using one of the other Google apps files; so long as it's for Android 4.0.x it will work.

Should none of this work, manually install the apps using Vampirefo's instructions here.

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
haha..i myself is confused.. :D

btw, should i facrory reset again before i do anything..? and where can i get the updated root utility..? :)

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Honestly, even I didn't think of that. Go ahead and do a factory reset.

The root utility is still in the same place: READ FIRST - Development Index and Root Utility, in Generation 3 Development.

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
okay i'll try it later.. :)
i don't know what i did wrong but the ''home'' button is not responding.

i feel so ashamed asking you about so many things but i have no one to ask help to..

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
Humor me here.

Download the updated version of the root utility and unzip it where you unzipped the previous version, then make a system dump. I'm thinking you may have an issue with busybox which is preventing you from installing the Google apps. Running the system dump will replace the busybox on your tablet with the one in the updated root utility.

After the system dump, try installing the Google apps again. Also don't hesitate to try using one of the other Google apps files; so long as it's for Android 4.0.x it will work.

Should none of this work, manually install the apps using Vampirefo's instructions here.

----> i did this exactly as you told (except for the manual installation). but after rebooting, i got stuck on the Android logo. i tried to wait, thinking it's just updating or something, but 5 minutes already passed. i shut it down first.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
After a factory reset?

Let it run, as the first boot after a factory reset can sometimes take longer than five minutes. If after ten minutes it still hasn't done anything, then we know for sure the tablet is stuck in a bootloop. This means you'll have to use ClockworkMod to restore your tablet using the system dump you made. Restoring from a nandroid backup would be easier, but I don't know if you made one before attempting to put the Google apps on the tablet.

The link on how to restore using your system dump is in the Development Index thread in Generation 3 Development. It's written by our resident developer, Vampirefo. Just do what he says and you should then be fine.

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
i'm stuck in bootloop.. :( i didn't make a nandroid backup either..omg..i'm starting to get really panicky here.. :p

i don't have adb access since i cannot connect the device to the pc..i'm using win7 32-bit and i dunno how to input those commands in the link on how to restore using systmen dump.. :(

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Well, do not panic. It leads to making mistakes which can make things worse.

Since you have CWM already installed, what you need to do is to copy his scripts and your dump (except recovery.img) to the root of the MicroSD card. Since they are not already on the card, you will need to put them on the card. If you have a card reader you can pull the MicroSD card out, slip it into the card reader, and copy the files that way. If you don't, boot into ClockworkMod and do the following.

• Navigate to "mounts and storage".
  • Navigate to "mount USB storage" and select it using the power button.
The microSD should appear in Windows Explorer at this point. Copy the scripts and your dump files to the card, navigate to "unmount USB storage" and press power.

Once the files are on the MicroSD card, you must navigate to "mounts and storage" (unless already there to turn on USB storage), navigate to each item listed below in the "mounts and storage" menu, then press the power button for each of them.

NOTE: These must be done in the order given.
  1. "format data"
  2. "format system"
  3. "format cache"
  4. "mount sdcard"
  5. "mount cache"
  6. "mount system"
From there, you run the ADB commands Vampirefo gives you in that thread, exactly as he shows.

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
hi traveller. i boot into CWM and went to mount USB storage. but it says, "E:Unable to open ums lunfile (no such file or directory)"

i feel so hopeless.. :(

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Then you'll have to eject the card from the tablet, buy or borrow a card reader from somewhere, and copy the files from the PC to your MicroSD that way. If you had a laptop computer or, at minimum, a netbook, this would be a lot easier. MicroSD cards often come with SD card adapters so they can be used in a standard SD card reader on a laptop computer.

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
$1.jpg

----> is this how it should be copied..? and how will i run the ADB commands?
it's all messed up in my head.. :confused:

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
i got the commands running.. :) but i don't have system.tgz in my dump..is there any other place where i can get it?

manekineko

Nov 18, 2012
whew!! i was able to make my tab work following this link. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ot-recovery-update-all-without-livesuite.html
but the touch feature is not present anymore.

knowing how to input commands in adb feels like my knowledge somehow leveled up. thanks to you, traveller.. :)
you've been truly helpful with this. i was struggling (and still i am) but you guided me very well.. :eek:

btw, can i just switch to CM10 since there is no touch feature? and how can i check md5sum?