Play Store Not Working After ICS 4.0.3 Update

MarcusToo90

Jul 16, 2012
After updating to ics 4.0.3, my android market cant be open. It keep on saying 'Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped' I tried everything i could such as downloading play store manually, but this still came out. I know there's a method whereas to uninstall updates. But i couldn't find it. Anyone know what i should do to fix this? I am using samsung galaxy s btw.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Go to settings - apps - all and find the Play Store app. Tap it and clear everything listed, (it may make you sign back in again) then force stop it and restart your tablet.

MarcusToo90

Jul 16, 2012
Welcome to the forum

Go to settings - apps - all and find the Play Store app. Tap it and clear everything listed, (it may make you sign back in again) then force stop it and restart your tablet.

Tried but it still says 'Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped' . Any other way i could solve this issue?

Sassinak

Aug 3, 2012
I have a similar problem:
I decided to try out a google play widget. It crashes, disabling Google play store with it. I can't see the widget on the screen, therefore I can't just remove it. I can't install anything else on my device, and I get an annoying "Play store has stopped" message right at start-up, and every few minutes. I removed other widgets. Booting in safe mode allowed to remove another widget (that wasn't started) but not "the culprit". A start-up application manager doesn't reveal it, so I can't delete it.
So I'm stuck.
Options:
1) factory reset. My tablet may revert to chinese only settings - screws me,
2) find which folder/file has the startup manager and edit it manually
3) Find a way to remove Play Store, and to add it again manually

Onda Mid vi30w, android 4.0.3

Help Please.

edit: oh, great. sd card won't mount on boot: invalid argument "null"
I do have installed a CLI emulator; or can access some partitions from my linux/win7 pc

geezus crist I fixed it. A simple "uninstall update" , specifically for Google Play Store App. Phew!

Last edited:

aksaks

Aug 9, 2012
Refer to KB from Sony

View Document

Here is the text if you cannot open the URL above

The Google Play Store does not open or cannot be accessed.
Solution
In order to resolve the issue you will need to follow these steps to manually stop the Play Store application, clear all the Play Store data, uninstall the Play Store update, and then reinstall the Play Store update.
IMPORTANT: Before attempting to complete this procedure, make sure that you have added a Google® account to the tablet and that you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
1.On the desktop, tap the Home icon.

2.In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.

3.In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Settings icon.

4.In the Settings screen, tap to select Applications .
5.In the Apps screen, tap to select the All tab.

6.Under the All tab, scroll to locate and then tap to select the Google Play Store application.

7.In the GooglePlay Store info screen, in order, tap the Force Stop , Clear Data , and then the Uninstall updates buttons.

NOTE: You will be presented with a confirmation prompt after tapping each button. At each prompt, tap OK .

8.At the GooglePlay Store prompt, tap OK .

9.At the Uninstall finished prompt, tap OK .

10.On the desktop, tap the Home icon.

11.In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.

12.In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Market icon.
13.At the Android Market is upgrading to Google Play prompt, tap the Continue button.
14.At the prompt, tap the Accept button to accept the Google Play Terms of Service .

IMPORTANT: Details of the Google Play , Google Music , Google Books and YouTube Terms of Service can all be viewed by tapping the corresponding link.
You should now be at the main Google Play Store screen.
If you are still not able to access the Google Play Store , perform a reset procedure (a Soft Reset first, and then a Factory Data Reset , if necessary) and repeat this entire process again with the original Google account.
If that still does not work you may need to try the entire process again with a different Google account.
IMPORTANT: Applications are associated with the Google account synched to the Tablet and not with the Tablet itself. This means that if the Google account associated and synched with the Tablet is changed, then any applications purchased using the old Google account will not be available. You will need to contact Google for this and all other Google account service issues.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Try the above suggestions then find the Google Framework and do the same thing. then restart again.