Playing avi movies?

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
So I finally figured out how to get mp3s to play... how bout avi's? Any idea how to play avi movie files?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
No not yet... just tried vitalplayer, and the audio didn't sync right. I will try mobo, thanks

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
Mobo didn't work... it said I could download a different version, but it wasn't sanctioned by Market... which is weird because the one I downloaded to begin with was from market.

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
I'm no video expert but I've been using powerdirector 9 to do my movies they come in around 2 gig though but they are dvd quality. I use the ipad output and it does the rest. I haven't noticed any sync issues yet, they are H.264 though. I've tried astro player and clear.fi player and they both play them back very good. Just a tip. You guys probably know better than me though.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Mobo didn't work... it said I could download a different version, but it wasn't sanctioned by Market... which is weird because the one I downloaded to begin with was from market.
Yeah, I believe they direct you to their site momentarily, then back to the market where you download a version for Honeycomb (HD, I think they call it.) So if you click yes, you'll be fine.

mordor

Apr 28, 2011
Hi, I've tried both mobo and rock players on avi and mkv files that are H.264. But they seem to be somewhat jerky, and cant use hardware decoding. Anyone can help? I'm wondering if its the file format that i'm trying it with

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Hi, I've tried both mobo and rock players on avi and mkv files that are H.264. But they seem to be somewhat jerky, and cant use hardware decoding. Anyone can help? I'm wondering if its the file format that i'm trying it with

Have you tried it with software decoding?

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
I just watched one of my h.264 movies in complete and you guys are right they are slightly jerky. It's minor but it defintely is not as fluid as when I watch on my tv. I wonder why. It's smooth on my ipad 1 rendering the same movie.

ceramicsaturn

Mar 22, 2011
Just curious, if you have a movie (HD) that's so jerky it's only going about a frame per second, or less.. what do you need to do to get it working properly? Do I need to make the file smaller? What's the issue here...

PS: This is an MP4 file.

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
Does anyone know how youtube does their HD videos? The a500 rocks when it plays these HD videos.

Here is an example:

Click the HD icon and be amazed at how good this looks. Any ideas on how to do this with the videos that we want to convert at home. Beats AVI by a bunch.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

intelmax

Aug 3, 2011
Just curious, if you have a movie (HD) that's so jerky it's only going about a frame per second, or less.. what do you need to do to get it working properly? Do I need to make the file smaller? What's the issue here...

PS: This is an MP4 file.

Would like to know this too. I have a low-end MID 701 with Android 2.1 and HD movies and playback is smooth, and with the A500 some of those look really choppy. Using Moboplayer it seems a little bit better, although in scenes with lots of movement it slows down. Rockplayer also slows down and gets the audio out of sync.

Would be a PITA having to re-encode my movies, and giving that a MID701 is capable of reproducing them withouth problems just make me wonder if there are some settings that I need to tweak.

I also tried reproducing the above HD youtube video but it was choppy too. =S

Could this be a hardware related problem?
Regards,

sfpx

Jul 29, 2011
I'm new to Android so I tried quite a few players in the past 2 weeks.
So far the most fluid result with my test .avi file was with Littleplayer (the free version is sadly limited to 2 minutes of playback)

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
I use clear.fi that came on the tablet. I tried others but clear did have a clearer picture and the sound was right on while some other players had the voices off by as much as 3 or 4 seconds.